Friday, November 2, 2012

Trick-or-Treat

We had so much fun Trick-or-Treating with our cute little monsters this year. They were seriously adorable! They ran up to the doors so excited. Little M was the most ambitious. Big H was probably the most shy. Little H tried to open everyone's doors. They would go up pretty much by themselves, and I even got the to say, "Trick-or-treat," "Thank you," and "Happy Halloween!" Most of the time at least :).


So on Halloween Day Big H reclaimed his Robin obsession. So in these pictures Big H is Robin. Little H started out wanting to be Spiderman so I drew a web on his face and everything. About thirty minutes into getting ready he changed his mind and wanted to be Batman. I had to to the Spiderweb off-- baby oil or mineral oil works great for this just fyi-- and redraw it on Little M-- who was amazingly fantastic while I drew it on. So Little H is Batman and Little M is Spiderman. It threw us off all night.

For lunch I brought home an Avengers Pizza from Wal-Mart. Big H saw it and said, "But where's my Batman Pizza? What about my Batman pizza?"

The boys dragged this box all over the house. I think it was a hit.


After lunch we got ready and went to Springville's Main Street trick-or-treating. As always it was crowded. I don't know if I mentioned that Craig works at home now. He works in the morning for 4 hours and then in the evening for 4 hours. In the evening he has to start at 4. The main street thing started at 3. He didn't even make it to the first vendor. Luckily he drove and caught some vendors while walking to meet up with us :).




The boys got some fun vampire teeth. I guess it makes sense to hand out teeth on Halloween. After all that candy you may need a new pair :).



They had to push the button. Little M got out of the stroller specifically to push the button.


Seriously it was so cute how into trick-or-treating they all were this year.



We made it down one side of Main Street before I gave in and left. It's super crowded and that is super not fun with a huge stroller. Plus my feet were killing me. We came home for a rest. I put "Hocus Pocus" on for the boys, sorted through their candy and got ready for trick-or-treaters. I moved the pumpkins to the front porch and told the boys I wanted a pic out there. So we got all ready to go trick-or-treating again and, low and behold, the twins ran right to the front porch and sat down for a photo. Little M decided the stroller was good enough.



As you can see it was already getting too dark for my poor flash-less camera. We looped around and hit some neighbors houses. The boys seemed to be getting tired, and my feet started to hurt again, but we had an hour before Craig got off from work so we toughed it out. We looped back by our house and got the stroller, and then headed to the Bishops house. I ran into a friend and her and I looped around the block together. I was way nice because chatting with her took my mind of my feet. We then met up with Craig and headed to my parents house.




I told Craig he had to take the boys to a couple houses because he had to witness the cuteness of their trick-or-treating skills. Big H was grumpy, so I tagged along to help even though my feet were screaming in pain. My mom ended up coming too because every time she tried to sneak away Little M would scream, "NO!"

The boys had fun trick-or-treating with dad. We even made it to the magic guys house-- my parents have a neighbor that does a little magic show for the trick-or-treaters. It's way cute.

Finally we came back to my parents house to rest. It felt so good to finally take my shoes off-- OK I lost the shoes at the second to last house and walked the rest of the way in my tights. We enjoyed some yummy chili and a delicious salad-- and some candy of course. We watched "Monster House", gave the boys a bath and then headed home to call it a night. It was such a fun Halloween!

I finally got a picture with my Captain.


On the way home I wanted to drive by this house in town that goes all out. It looks amazing! It was dark so the picture isn't great, but they seriously do an awesome job.




1 comment:

  1. Tomy got vampire teeth from trick-or-treating too and LOVES them. Hazel is a tad jealous and sneaks them once in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete