Monday, November 18, 2013

God Be With You Till We Meet Again

We've suffered some losses in the family.

On August 22, 2013 Craig's cousin passed away. He's younger than Craig and I and his wife is pregnant with their first child. The loss was felt deeply by us, but we know those who were closest to him suffered the greatest loss. Our hearts are with them, and we pray for them everyday. We didn't get any pictures, so we did a little "in memory" photo shoot with the boys. We attended his viewing on August 25, but were unable to make it to the funeral.




Somewhere between Nov 7 and Nov 9, 2013 my Grandma Andreason passed away. It was very unexpected and hard for the family. She was a sweet woman and I always hoped one day her and I would find a way to connect more than we had. Even so, I know she loved me, and she loved her great grandchildren so dearly. They brought her so much joy. My parents were the one's to find her in her home on Saturday the 9th. Because of how she died we couldn't have an open casket. I think that was a struggle for me, and I wonder if I should have asked to go see her before they took her to the funeral home. Her funeral services were held this last weekend, and they were very nice, and helped provide some closure.


Both losses are felt greatly by our family, and we look forward to the day when we can see them, and converse more with them, again. You just never have enough time it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment