Thursday, June 2, 2011

Notes of a Different Key

On Saturday, May 21st, my brother graduated from Provo College in the Criminal Justice field. I'm so proud of him-- and his wife who deserves much credit for getting him through college! School has never been his thing. In fact a few years ago it wasn't even part of his future plans. So that is why I'm extra proud of him! I'm so glad he can pursue his childhood dream of becoming a cop. I know he'll be great at it!



On the note of achievements, I completed a 3K. I ran the whole way. I know it's not huge, like running a marathon, but it was big deal for me. I've never been a runner and I decided long ago that I was not the type of person that runs any sort of a distance. But I recently caught a bug that has given me the will to master the art of running-- or at least slow jogging. The 3K was difficult. Towards the middle I wanted to give up and I didn't think I would make it. But I had set a goal and my determined German blood pushed me on. I reached the finish line and I felt amazing. I could've ran another mile! Or at least walk a half a mile to meet up with Craig, who graciously walked our stroller full of boys so I could achieve my small goal. Sadly there are no pictures of my great triumph.


On another note, Memorial Day found us up in Heber to see Thomas the Tank Engine.




It was so much fun this year. The boys loved it. They kept saying, "Where's Thomas?" and "There's Thomas!" Little H even cried when we watched him pull out of the station one time. We also enjoyed some of the local entertainment they had there. They've added some restrictions to the activities you can participate in, but we still a grand old time.



On yet another note, Little League season has started and we went to my nephew's first game on Tuesday.



What a champ! He played great!

I had to snap some shots of my own little sluggers as well. We got all decked out for the baseball game.



Little H loved playing with the cut grass. We didn't love it so much. Especially when the breeze caught it just right.



Big H actually enjoyed watching the game. He even sat down to watch some boys practice. They made him move though because they were afraid he would get hit.




Afterwards we took the boys to the playground to try and distract them while Grandma and Grandpa left.



Go Big H!



This little girl started to pay Baby M some attention. My little stud muffin didn't waste a minute. Before you knew it they went from holding hands to. . .well. . .:)



My little Romeo! Don't you know you're supposed to buy the girl dinner first? Just ask your Dad.

Do you think the playground made them forget about Grandma and Grandpa? Oh no! Little H didn't miss a beat. I said, "OK lets go!" And he said,-- in his little babble-- "OK lets go find Grandma! Grandma? Grandma?"

On yet another note, we finally pulled out Baby M's first toothbrush-- that he got for Easter-- and brushed his two little bottom teeth for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow a 3K is a huge accomplishment in my book! I don't even run around the block without dying.

    Tomy would've LOVED to see Thomas too. I'm glad your family is having a fun summer.

    ReplyDelete