Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Boys!

The boys celebrated their third birthday on March 25. We had so much fun making it a special day for them.

Since their party was on a Sunday we took them bowling the night before.







Baby M was being a huge stinker. I let him have my turn, but when it was over he would just throw a huge fit. Finally we got him to be content watching The Wiggles and eating a corn dog.





The next day was their birthday. We woke up and I made the boys some Mickey Mouse Pancakes with buttermilk syrup.



Little H saw this "Happy Birthday" sign and said, "Look letters!"



We went to nursery where they sang "Happy Birthday" and gave the boys fun birthday cards. Their nursery leader brought them fun presents before church. She is so good to those kids.

Later that day we had family over for a party. I asked the boys if they wanted a Thomas Party or a Superman Party. Big H said he wanted a Dash Party-- Dash is a character from Thomas and Friends. We made cake pops for their cake and put Thomas and Friends pictures on them. I was sure to include Dash.



We found some cute decorations on sale,



and Craig set up a huge train set in the living room.




I think we were pretty successful at throwing them a Thomas/Dash party.

We of course had some yummy food. I made another fruit tray, just for the fun of it-- I wanted to show Craig what I've been learning to do at work.



The boys celebrated their birthday with my mom-- hers is on April 7. So we made her a cake too. Since we couldn't really put candles on the boys cake we just used grandmas when we sang "Happy Birthday".




The boys got so many gifts. As always everyone was incredibly generous. They got a lot of clothes, some fun toys, and some superhero capes. They had a good birthday.






The boys had a fun night, and we enjoyed getting together with everyone. Thanks to everyone that made the day so special.


*Cute Big H story

The other day I told Big H he was such a boy. He replied, "I'm not a boy. I'm Hynerum"

1 comment:

  1. train track of power, super capes, and bowling? sounds perfect! your fruit tray looks pretty scrumdillyuptious and scrumdillyuptiously pretty too!

    ReplyDelete