Sunday, July 5, 2015

You Get the Picture!

Once again I have some catching up to do. Story of my blog right? OK. . .lets do this. . .

Payson Temple Tour

I took two of the boys to the Payson temple. It was a bit hard, but I'm glad we went. This temple is just gorgeous. I can't believe how beautiful it is. The boys' favorite part: the fountains out front. I was so glad that there was some wonderfully nice people to take some photos for us. Sometimes selfies just don't cut it.














Little H brought along some of his friends. I think this is the official crazy cat lady bag.

A Sunday at the Park

The boys and I decided to enjoy a Sunday at the Park one lovely Sunday in May. Big H was so cute to push me and Little S on the swings.





We even found a robin egg shell on the way back to the car.





May the Fourth Be With You

We pulled out our Star Wars shirts for Star Wars Day. The boys were way excited!!!





They even had to get a pic with their Star Wars toys and the Kitties.

Mother's Day

The boys brought home some cute project from school and daycare. 








They were also way excited about picking out a necklace for me and Grandma A. I picked up the Captain America shirt, and they were pretty thrilled about the fact that they gave it to me. 




We spent the rest of the day visiting with Grandma's and wishing other mother's a Happy Mother's Day. 





Mother's Day Snuggles




Graduations

We had some graduation programs to attend at the end of the school year. Little M graduated from his Daycare preschool. He was so excited about his program! They had a yummy dinner afterwards too.









The twins also had a program for graduating from kindergarten. They were so excited about it, and so excited that Mom could come. Unfortunately there ware a lot of parents, and they all want to get the best, most absolutely perfect shot of their children the entire program. I mean, couldn't we take turns or something? So for a mom who's option was to take a late, and extended lunch break to come, and who's option did not involve getting to come early to get a good seat, this was the best shot I could get of the twins.  


A Weekend with Little S

Memorial Day weekend I got to spend with just Little S. His brother's went down south with their Dad. It was fun, but also having just one can mean a little more work at times. He wants my attention, no one is around to take my attention away from him and he's going to get my attention. We had fun going to a reception for a couple in the ward who got sealed in the temple. And we also went out to dinner afterward. 



Gold tees make drinks taste better by the way.


He had fun throwing stuff in the creek on the way home from church on Sunday.

And he went with me to visit the grave sites after church. 





As you can see that didn't leave him all that happy, so I took him to a park afterward. 





Silly boy!

Sweet boy!



On Monday his brother's returned and we all went to the new Avengers movie. We loved it! And we made an event of it too!





How many Captain America Fans do you see?



This day was just such a treasure for me, and for the boys. They were so excited that mom didn't have to go work, and that they didn't have to go to daycare, and that we could spend this day together. We just tried to enjoy it because it's not something we'll get very often. Boy is it special when we do!


Lloyd's Hill 2015

This year the memorial bike ride for Grandpa G. happened at the end of May. I wanted to try and honor my Grandpa by at least riding up his hill portion of the ride, but I ended up walking a bike and trailer with two kids in tow up it instead. It was extremely hard work, but we made it to the top. I'm sure that honors his memory somehow. One day I'll get a bike up that hill. 









At the top.  . .what a view!




We made it back down!

Look at those studs!




Art City Days

We got up way early-- especially considering some of us wouldn't got to sleep till 1:00 AM-- and went to the balloon fest. 















Then we headed to The Fireman's Breakfast.






Then to the parade.






I promised the boys snow cones, so I treated everyone to one. What's your favorite flavor? Grape or Cherry? Anyone get it? 


What color is my tongue?



Fireworks that night!!!



CRASH!!!!

They had better get to sleep because one of these boys is going to wake up at 2:00 AM and throw up all over mom's bed and room. 

First Swim.  . .With Mom. . .In Grandma's Pool-- Did you get all that?




Grandma got a new slide!








It's Prize Time!!!

The boys and I struggle sometimes. So we all decided on rules that we should follow, and if we could follow them all week we would get a prize. One week they chose stuffed animals.



After getting their new stuffed toys that decided to build a house for them.


Little M also has his own prize program. Since he is having just an awful time going to daycare-- they make him take a nap. And I mean awful time. He throws fits all the time, and is just out of control. I made a deal with him. If he was good at nap time all week I would take him on a special date. Our first special date involved ice cream and watching a movie together. 



A Half Day With Mom

We had some fun with throwing up around here. I had to take a half day off when Little H threw up at daycare because he couldn't go back for 24 hours. And I had to take another half day when Little S threw up like a week or so later. The boys were just so excited about having the morning with mom. We decided to go get breakfast to make it special. Of course, we had to deal with a lot of arguments before we could get there. 





Then it came time for Mom to go back to work. The boys all cried. They kept saying how much they would miss me, and that they just wanted me to stay. I told them they would have to go to daycare and Little S would go with Grandma. This was even harder for them. Well Grandma said they could all come with her. What a relief that was. I was so grateful and so were the boys. They kept saying, "Why did Grandma do that?" 
I told them, "Because she loves you!"

A Super Fun Birthday

So here we are at the end of June already. And on June 27th we made our way up to West Jordan for a super fun party for my cousin's little girl. Mom was the sick one this time, but we made it up there all the same. Though I was pretty stinking tired on that drive. I have never taken my kids to an arcade, and we don't really play the games whenever we come across them, so they were just thrilled. I just took two to make it a little bit easier. Little M and Little S were the two that wanted to come. I'm so grateful to my cousin for inviting us and letting the boys have such a great opportunity!




They loved the pin ball machines! Little S was so certain that when the silver ball fell to the bottom he would be able to retrieve it from the coin return slot. He was super disappointed that I kept hitting it away. 




Some people there won a bunch of tickets and wanted to share the wealth. They came by and gave us some. The boys got to pick some wonderful prizes. I'm pretty sure those prizes have since gotten lost, popped and eaten by now.



One Sunday. . .

One Sunday we had just an awful time getting to church. The boys all the sudden lost the ability to get their underwear on and put on their own shoes. They also forgot how to listen. We finally got out the door. Some of us a little more accessorized than others. . .


And then we get to church, and Big H finds a little baby bird hopping around a tree. We catch it and put it in Little H's cup. Not knowing what to do now we just headed back home-- I won't get into the fits that were thrown when Little H was told that he had to take turns with his brother's holding the bird. Yup, all that effort to get to church and we didn't even go. 


The boys named the bird Lightening Bolt, and it was the source of many headaches for a couple of days. Mostly because I battled the two year old with leaving it alone, and because I had to get minute by minute updates of what it was doing. 



The Good Old Random Section

"You look beautiful Mom!"

Little M likes to cuddle.

Little S is usually a fine shopping partner. Especially one on one. This trip however he was quite terrible. My mom and I were fed up.
He fell asleep on the way home, so we just kept driving. There was this interesting scene just inside town to give us reason to keep driving by. I think we counted 5 city's fire departments total here. We were trying to figure out what all the fuss was about. 







"Look mom! I made Olaf!"

The boys gave me a flower on the way to church, so I put it in my hair. They decided to copy me on the way home. 




Ouchies on the arm. . .dang it!

He loves his new hat!


Yard work is a great time to dig for worms.





My cute special forces boy!



Just a typical Sunday morning. With four gents piled all around me







Someone won't go to nursery 


I made him go anyway and I'm glad I did because he was so excited about his hygiene kit.


 The toothbrush was his favorite. And he really needed a new one. It was perfect! His brother helped him open it too. 

Mom also remembered a prize she got for him. BUBBLES!!! He LOVES bubbles!!!







If Little M ever seems hard of hearing offer some forgiveness. Note that I said some. He has a bit of an excuse. He has a bit of an ear wax issue. It builds up fast and is very hard. He wants everyone to know that thing in his hand is actually ear wax from his ear. 


The boys helped me pick stuff out for our garden. We also got flowers for our yard. They had fun helping me get it all planted. It was just a little stressful. 








Frozen TV dinners often require the use of oven mits


Often times we have some company join us for dates. See who joined me and Little S on our date to PF Changs. . .



He treated us to Cinnabon afterward, so he's welcome anytime. 


"Mom take our picture!" Walking to church, and this was a must have photo op apparently. Well they do all look handsome.


The Young Men came and helped us clean up our chicken coop. Doesn't it look great?

He wanted a nest, so our friend helped build this one for him.


We decided to try our hand at building, and put together this lemonade stand for a friend. The boys loved it so we may need to build them one of their own. 


Little S likes to do as Mom does. He likes it when he has figured out how something works around the house, and then he can take part in it. When he saw Mom take out the trash he didn't hesitate to complete the chore. As you can see I clearly forgot to take this can out, so he gladly helped.



Look what I found at the end of the rainbow!


Whenever Grandpa and Grandma come over Little S has learned to demand that he get a ride. he doesn't let them get away easily. They came to pick up M and the second he saw them he went to work. He got his shoes, his hat and his backpack. And he made sure he was there by the door when they left, so there was no chance they could get away without him.


Until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment