Saturday, April 16, 2011

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

The boys got a couple kites each for their birthday, and we couldn't wait to give them a try. With the unexpected nice weather we had this week we thought now was as good a time as ever. Our first attempt was at a Park in Provo. I met a friend there and we let the kids play then afterwards we sat down for a little family picnic.



After the picnic came the kite flying. My nephew kept asking why it wouldn't fly. We told him he needed to let the string out, but that never happened.




This is Baby M's version of Kite Flying.



Nothing like some puppy kisses.



He just can't help but be cute these days.



Thirsty Little H?



Then today Big H got a hold of the kites, so outside we went to see if we could fly them. The trees around our house make it a little hard but out street is pretty clear, and not too busy, so I thought we could just run down it to get the kites up. We used different kites this time. These one's are easier to let the string out. But still the string was never let out on my nephew's kite. He probably could have gotten it up today too.

I'd get one of the kites air born and I'd try to snap a quick shot of Big H holding it, but it always fell to the ground before I could get the picture.



After a while my mom came along and suggested we all go to a park to try flying kites there. But instead of kite flying we just enjoyed the playground.

Look how well he holds his bottle. It's taken some work, but I'm so proud of him!



Big H and Baby M love the swings! In fact Big H wouldn't get out without a fight.






Poor Little H isn't a fan though, and I think he's even less of one after he got hit by a fellow swinger today. The kid was bigger so he was swinging pretty high, and Little H took a good hit. I felt bad for the kid that hit him. He got off the swings and went to play somewhere else. Little H recovered though. He's such a tough boy. Hardly cried. Though that was the longest I've seen him go without taking a breath when the crying first commenced.

Trying to cover up Baby M's head. He is so fair skinned.



So much fun, and yet we still haven't done any kite flying.

1 comment:

  1. I want to play too. The boys look so happy. Baby M just makes me smile every time I look at him. Hopefully the weather will stay nice for a while.

    ReplyDelete