Saturday, July 23, 2011

That's What We Do!

It's time for another blog catch up because, lately, that's what we do.

Fun Visits


We enjoyed a fun visit from Craig's parents July 10th through the 12th. I have no pictures unfortunately, but we enjoyed it all the same. We went up to Ikea and Michael helped my Dad get my Grandpa Andreason's old Dodge running, which my parents are VERY grateful for! Thanks for the visit, and for everything else, guys! :)

Stewart Falls

Craig's parents left on Tuesday and we decided to enjoy a sunset stroll up to Stewart Falls because that's what we do.

OK it's not really a stroll. It's a hike. Not a hard hike unless you take three kids, one that can't walk, and a 7 year old nephew with you. And we didn't really mean for it to be so close to sunset. The whole thing was very much like a marathon.

We hiked in as fast as we could.



Ate our picnic dinner as fast as we could.



And hiked out as fast as we could.

Notice we have no pictures of this because we were all completely exhausted and had no patience left for pictures. Oh, and it was getting dark. We were very happy for the full moon. OK "happy" may not be the best word to describe how we were hiking out. I still don't know where I drew the strength to keep my legs moving-- cut me some slack I had 20 lbs of baby riding with me. But it was a blessing that we had the moonlight to get us through that last 1/4 mile or so.

Stewart Falls is quite different from how we remembered it. The extra water we received this year causes the mist from the falls to have quite the reach. The area where we used to picnic down below is now full of mud and snow-- yes there's still snow. There were also no trees this year. They have all been plowed over. I'm guessing from the run off. It was really crazy. It almost looks like a bomb went off there.




Despite the fact that we yelled a lot, and were rather cranky on the hike out, it still must have been a fun family outing. My nephew asked if we could go again.

New Family Members

In other news we added two new members to our family. No I'm not pregnant with twins. We just got two cute little kittens because that's what we do.



Our neighbors were "Selling them for free" as my nephew phrased it. Big H LOVES cats, and it was always our thought that we would get one if we came across one for free.



Well my nephew wanted a cat too so we said he could have one as well. There's a girl and a boy. We named them Buzz and Jesse. They live in the shed and have endured endless torturous and affectionate play times-- and that's just from the neighbor kids and my nephew ;).



OK the twins aren't much better, but for 2 year old's they really handle the cats well.

Owning animals is a paver on the road to happiness, so I don't mind inviting the cuddly creatures to come live with us.

30th Anniversary

We threw my parents a "30th Anniversary Party" because that's what we do. We did a Hawaiian type theme because we'd love to send them to Hawaii but can't afford too.



We all enjoyed yummy food and swimming in the pool.





The baby wore himself out. He's my only one that will fall asleep like this. The twins have to be in the car in a room to fall asleep.



My grandma's. Both widows. When we started planning this party, back in June, my mom said my Grandpa Guthrie would like it because it would help get my grandma out of the house. It was only days later that he passed away. It's so crazy to think he couldn't even make it to this party. I'm sure he was there in spirit. I'm sure both grandpa's were.



Our family friends Mac and Mickey joined us. Mac is the one responsible for introducing my parents. We always enjoy their company. And we enjoyed everyone who joined us at the party



I was really happy to see all those who came to support my parents in celebrating their special day. I'm sad Craig couldn't make it. He helped to give it. Sorry you couldn't get work off sweetie. Anyway. . .here's to 30 more wonderful years!

Splash Park

We took a trip to the local splash park again. This time my cousins Alisha and Ashlie, and Ashlie's daughter, came with us. Why did we do it? Because that's what we do. Well, that, and Ashlie had the idea to come see the kittens and then go to the splash park :).



This time Baby M joined in on the fun!




Today. . .

We have swollen eyes, or eye, because that's what we do. Big H's eyes flared up the first time he held the cats. We were worried he might be allergic, but he hasn't shown any signs since. Then today I noticed just one eye was red, weepy and puffy. It got better with some Benedryl and Motrin, but I still feel bad for the poor guy. Hopefully it clears up.



This has been another Stratton Blog Catch Up. Thanks for joining us!

No comments:

Post a Comment