Sunday, July 10, 2011

Our Fourth!



I'm sure you've figured out by now that The Fourth is one of my favorite holidays. If you hadn't figured it out well now I'm sure you have. I love this country and it makes me so happy to see the whole country pulled together in unified patriotism.



This year's Fourth was made even greater by the fact that Craig could join us for the celebrations. Craig usually works on the weekends, so he's always gone for family parties, weddings and other events. But this year The Fourth was on a Monday making it possible for our Craigery to celebrate with us! Yay!



We did the usual summer celebrations. We got together with the family, took a swim in the pool and enjoyed some yummy food.



This Fourth was a little different however. My grandparents anniversary is July Fourth and with the passing of my grandpa my grandma asked if we could help her get through the day. So my aunt and my cousins joined us in celebrating this year. It was great! I'm glad we could all be there for Grandma.



Baby M eating some Carrot Cake.



Big H sporting his Uncle Sam necklace. I think my brother and I made these. See how he's holding a little flag too? He loves flags.



We ended the night with a fireworks show-- put on by Craig. Of course the real show was enjoying everyone's fireworks. With the legal laws being lifted-- and the view from my parents-- we got a show almost as good as the professionals put on. Craig commented that it was nice to see everyone celebrating. It made it more fun! I have to agree. We finally got Big H into fireworks, and Baby M didn't seem to mind at all, But Little H still doesn't like them. I tried and tried to convince him, but he insisted on going inside and watching "Thomas"! I finally consented. However, whenever he here's the popping and screaming of fireworks in the neighborhood he happily cries out, "Works! Works!"





Happy Fourth everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment