Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year we were unable to make it down to Southern Utah for Thanksgiving, so we spent it up here with my parents and my Grandma Andreason.




The boys all looked Handsome dressed in their cute sweaters! And we all enjoyed our wonderful meal.




This year I made mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls. And I also brought some spinach dip and a fruit tray for appetizers. Here's is my awesome fruit tray. Sorry I have to show off a little.




My mom told me just to make stove top stuffing, but I wanted something a little fancier for Thanksgiving. I've never made stuffing otherwise, so I searched online and found this delicious cornbread stuffing recipe. And believe me, It was delicious!

After dinner we enjoyed a movie, and then some pie.

Then we gave the boys their new Christmas Pajamas.




After all was said and done Craig and I headed to Wal-Mart to get a start, and almost a finish, on our holiday shopping. I love Black Friday. Sure it's crazy, and crowded, but it's also fun-- kind of like a slumber party. I enjoy going to all the displays. Grabbing random things here and there. And then deciding what to give to who, and what to put back. It really is great for getting your holiday shopping list cut down to size.


The Friday after Thanksgiving, Craig and I found we had slept in until 12:45 in the afternoon. The funny thing is that the boys let us. They were all still asleep too-- except for Baby M. The twins must have been tired after staying up at Grandma's house, while we were out shopping for Black Friday. Anyway, this all led to us taking a trip to McDonalds for lunch. After all we were all starving, and not in the mood to cook.

I'm am truly Thankful for the church and all the wonderful blessings it has brought into our lives.

I'm very thankful that Craig got two enjoy to days off from work. Two days of sleeping in, and getting some rest. And that we got two days of having Dad all to ourselves!

I'm also so incredibly thankful for all the wonderful people we have in our lives. Whether you be family, or friends, you guys all make life so much sweeter!

I'm thankful for our house and home, and all the help that has been given to us to keep, fix up and maintain it.

I'm thankful for all my boys, and my wonderful husband. I love the small joys they give me each day. On that note, I have to share some more cute little tidbits before I forget-- this is mostly so I remember to write them down somewhere.

One night Big H wanted to watch a movie at my parents, so they put one in the DVD player. But they couldn't find the remote to press play. My mom asked Big H to go press play on the player. He happily did! He pushed the button then turned around and said, "There, is that better?"

Big H loves music. In the car he always asks to hear songs again, and he gets mad when I turn off the car and the music ends. Now when we get in the car, and he hears his music, he always says, "Listen!"

The boys are learning letters. We have been working on "A" for the most part. I told them, "The 'A' says ah." However, Little H likes to say, "The 'A' says 'S'!" A phrase that can be slightly misinterpreted.

In the car Little H kept saying, "The 'A' says ah!" Big H would then repeat. Little H got upset and said, "No, it's my ah." Another phrase that can be misinterpreted.

Then Big H saw some birds and said, "Look Birds!" Little H saw a truck and said, "Look a truck!" They then began to go back and forth saying, "It's my bird," and "It's my truck!"

Though they fight with each other, they are good brothers. When one of the twins gets hurt the other is always there to help him up, give him a hug and pat him on the back, saying, "Are you OK Henrum?" And other phrases along those lines. However, when it comes to Baby M, they are not so inclined to give out the "feel goods"! If they hurt Baby M I tell them to apologize and give him a hug. The apology isn't so hard to get out of them. The hug on the other hand is always met with obstinacy.


I have many things to be thankful for this year. But I think, as of now, the number one thing I'm thankful for is that Wal-Mart had a great sale on a Thomas and Friends train set. Thank you! The boys will finally get a train set of their own.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a lovely holiday and some needed down time. We sure missed your family! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete