Thursday, December 1, 2011

We Had to Put up a Fight!

Well we had to fight for it, but we got a new camera at black Friday. Craig first snuck off with a more expensive one, before the allotted time to do so. But I told him maybe we should get the cheapest one, and then we could save up for a really nice one later. Well we had to battle for that cheap camera, but we got it! I'm glad too because pictures are just a way of life around here.

Here are few shots we've snapped with our new camera.







The boys are way excited about the tree this year. Big H loves lights! And he would get mad when I would unplug them. I got it all set up, was ecstatic to find all the lights working and then realized it was the boys tree.




Down to their room it went, where Big H makes sure it's plugged in all the time.

We pulled down our tree, and found some of the lights are out. This is why it is not decorated yet. That, and we haven't had time together as a family to do it.



Here is one of our yard projects. We put in a pathway because we were wearing out the grass with how much we walked across there.



And we put in some new flower beds, and a deck.



All these projects remain incomplete. Surprise, Surprise! :)

Last night Craig, and I, enjoyed a fun evening with my coworkers, at my work holiday party.




Craig and I were out, by ourselves, in the evening. You know what that means? We were on an actual date!



My poor parents have been over exhausted with babysitting lately. I felt bad asking them to watch the boys so we could go to the party. All I can say is THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! I'm glad you weren't pepper sprayed in your black friday adventures :)

    I'm loving the pathway. Did you just use rock, or pavers or what - and are you using the same materials along your flower beds? Just curious.

    This is the first year the kids are actually LEAVING the tree decorated. They still touch it - how can they not? it's just so magical! - but by and large the ornaments have stayed on the tree. YEAH!

    Merry Christmas season to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've been collecting flat rocks from the backyard. Though when we ran out of those rocks we started getting creative. Some of the rocks had a flat side and we just buried them deep. Then the rest came from our bathroom floor that we're taking out.

    The flower beds are bricks we pulled up from the backyard too. They used them to fill in a spot that didn't have cement, but it just looked ugly and weeds were growing up through them and such. So we just too them out.

    The twins did pretty good with the tree last year. I'm worried about the baby this year however. He can be a pretty big stinker in that way. Have the tree in their room helps because I can say, "You can play with the ornaments." :)

    ReplyDelete