Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 17, 2009: The Boys Take a Fall

I recently decided to quit work and stay home with the boys. And since I'm staying home, and we're living with my parents, I decided to earn my keep by getting my Nephew ready and walking him to kindergarten.



Well last Thursday, upon returning home, I decided to pull the stroller into the house since the boys had fallen asleep and I wanted them to stay that way. We have a huge stroller- as you can imagine- and, instead of asking my mom for help, I decided to try and wheel it in by myself. I took it up the steps front, back, front, back, I then got out my keys, unlocked the door and went inside to set stuff down. I turned around to get the stroller, but it was too late. My parents steps are round and apparently one of the wheels did not make it on the top step all the way. Slowly the stroller started to lean and, before my mind could totally compute what was wrong with this scenario, the stroller fell and tumbled down the steps. There are only two or three steps so it wasn't a huge fall, but my heart stopped. My life flashed before my eyes. Their lives flashed before my eyes, and I ran out to see what the damage was. Both boys were crying, of course,- so much for that staying asleep thing- so I took them inside and showered them with kisses. They both had bumps on their heads, but everything else seemed fine, and within minutes they returned to their happy normal selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment