Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 24, 2009: Our Christmas Eve





Our Christmas Eve was a little uneventful during the day. I spent the day cleaning for Santa's arrival, and Craig ran last minute errands.

That night we made plans to drive around and look at Christmas lights with my parents and then come back and eat baked apples. This is a new and old Christmas tradition mixed together. I've always wanted to make baked apples so we decided that would be our traditional Christmas Eve treat. And my family had always enjoyed driving around and looking at lights and my favorite time to do this is on Christmas Eve. So thus begins our new Christmas Eve Tradition

Driving around looking at lights went pretty well, but the boys started to fussy so we headed home early.

The baked apples didn't cook right, but it was my first attempt and everyone still enjoyed them.

Later that night Craig and I helped Santa set up the toys while the boys kind of slept. I guess in our house two creatures were stirring on Christmas eve.



After Santa left a very tired mom and dad went to settle their brains for a long winters nap until they realized their sweet little pooch had left a nice, wet, little present on their bed. Thanks Ruby!


No comments:

Post a Comment