Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 17-21. 2010: How to Entertain a 5 Year Old for a Weekend

My parents took a much needed vacation down to St. George so my Dad could attend the Land Surveyor's Conference, and while they were out we took care of my nephew for them. Confused? My nephew lives with my parents for the time being- it's a long story.

Since the grass is always greener, I was suspecting we'd have a weekend full of "When's Grandma coming to get me?" So I tried to think of ways we could entertain him all weekend long- plus keeping him entertained seems to equal less yelling :).

This was a struggle since energy is low at our house as well as money. But I think we managed to have a pretty fun weekend together. Sure we had a lecture here and there, but we still enjoyed having him, and I hope he enjoyed his stay.

I found this to be the one of the best activities. It kept the babies from crying, and it kept me from having to say, "Not so rough!" every ten seconds.



There's nothing like a new pet to keep a 5 year old busy. This is the cat we adopted over the weekend, and this is the only picture I got of it before it left our residence. It was an extremely well behaved cat, and it put up with all of the boys very well. We were sad to see it go, but we also didn't want to keep such a good cat from it's owners.




Welcome to Pirate Island! This is a new little joint in town that Craig and I have been wanting to check out. It was very well done inside. All the workers are dressed up like Pirates, and the decorating is top notch. The food wasn't bad, and the prices are decent. I highly recommend taking a family outing to this place. Very fun!










Nothing like a good ol' fashioned tooth pullin'. On Sunday we finally wiggle-jiggled my nephew's first loose tooth free. And boy was he ever proud of it!

4 comments:

  1. I hope the Toothfairy found him. It is so fun to have cousins come over and play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did get a visit. He got a good deal too. That tooth fairy is paying good money these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun with the boys. I completely understand the "less yelling" bit too. It can be difficult to entertain a 5-year-old. I can't believe he already lost a tooth. Sheesh, I thought that didn't happen until 7 or 8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are adorable Tricia!
    I can't believe he already lost his tooth either!
    I think the first picture with the boys in the laundry basket is just way too cute!
    See you Saturday

    ReplyDelete