Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Time is Here

Just an attempt to catch everyone up before I post the Christmas Card and letter.

Last weekend

I took the boys to the dollar store so they could buy presents for each other. The twins had fun picking out gifts for each other, but when I told them they needed to pick one out for Baby M my suggestion was met with a resounding, "No!"



It took some convincing, but they finally picked something out for him. They even got a roll of Thomas. . . paper to wrap them in. Grandma Andreason made sure they each had their own roll. After all there were two different colors. ;)



Monday

Baby M got a sweater from Great Grandma Guthrie quite a while ago. Sadly it had two iron on baseball patches that were falling off. It sat at my mom's house waiting to be fixed. Months went by, still no sweater was worn by Baby M. Then I asked for it the other night, and, after a neighborhood Christmas Goodies Get Together, finally tacked the patches on.



How clever I thought I was, until I washed it. The patches crumpled up in the wash, and I just took them off and tossed them in the garbage. All that wasted time for patches that just got thrown away. They were certainly cute, however, their purpose was in vain. It being a yellow sweater, left some workers at McDonalds to mistake Baby M for a girl today. Baseball patches and all.

Thursday

Nephew K performed some songs, with his grade, at an assembly at his school. I missed the performance thanks to work. But I enjoyed seeing him all dressed up in his Christmas attire.



Friday

Big H has grown rather fond of Christmas lights. And, of course, Little H has too. They now fight over the lights they see.

"It's my lights!"

"No it's my lights!"

"You can both look at the lights!"

Not too far from our house are The Riverwoods Shops. Apparently they do a splendid lighting sometime after Thanksgiving. We really enjoy driving past, and decided we had better take a walk around. That night we had brought Nephew M home to play with us, so he got to come along too.

What do you think people thought when they saw us with 4 kids, all 9 months apart?

We had a fun night, and the boys really enjoyed spending time with their cousin.






We even stopped in to visit The Provo Beach Resort. It was a fun little place, and warmed us up rather well.



Saturday

The next day found us at The Guthrie Family Christmas Party, hosted by my Aunt Candice and Uncle Don. It was the first Christmas Party without Grandpa Guthrie, which made me kind of sad. I'm glad this family has so many fun traditions. I think it really helps keep us together, and strong.





We enjoyed a cute little Nativity with all the great grand kids. I was glad that we sang because, I am told, Grandpa Guthrie liked to hear the family sing together.




My angel, shepherd and wise man.




And, of course, there were presents. So much fun!




I decided to make a wreath for one of my cousins. I had to put a picture in somewhere :)



My Aunt and Uncle live up in Daybreak, which gave us the opportunity to see the new Oquirrh Mountain temple. It is strikingly beautiful, sitting atop that hill. I had to drive by to get a closer look. It really took my breath away!




We were sad that we couldn't be down South, to help Craig's cousin celebrate is wedding, on this Saturday. Unfortunately stressful schedules and lack of funds kept us from doing so. We hope he had a wonderful day!

Sunday

On Sunday we woke to a frosted wonderland. It was so gorgeous!





We also awoke to new callings. We will now be helpers in Senior nursery. This means we'll be in nursery with the twins, but poor Baby M will go to Junior nursery all by himself.

We took time on Sunday to go visit Great Grandpa Darrington. We had a very fun visit.

Monday

Monday was filled with shopping. Darn that Christmas! Sneaking up on us so fast. I've scarcely had time to enjoy you.

Grandpa and Grandma Stratton were up last weekend, and they took us to Olive Garden for dinner-- Thank you, by the way. In the foyer was a giving tree. The boys kind of took an interest, so I let them pick an ornament, and we bought a gift for one of the families. We delivered it on Monday. I was going to have the boys help me take it in, but I didn't want to undo car seat harnesses. They were a little disappointed to give away the toy. Even though it was for a 3 month old, and it was for a girl.




When I said, "You're helping another kid to have a Merry Christmas!"

They said, "No!"

Still I think it was a good experience. We have been given so much, by so many, that we like to take any opportunity we can to help others in need.

Well, that about catches you up. Now I just need to get the Christmas letter posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment