Sunday, December 4, 2011

Getting in the Christmas Spirit



As of Sunday, we finally have the house restored to a bit of sanity. We have both trees decorated, and I think all the decorations are up, excluding the Christmas Dishes.






Saturday, I met up with my cousin at The Festival of Trees. We haven't gone for a couple of years, and I have missed it. I thought the boys would really enjoy it too. The only downside was trying to push three boys, who did not want to be in a stroller, through the crowds.

Have you seen this child?



Yes it's true. I lost Big H at the festival of trees. Craig had just showed up so me, my cousin and Craig were scoping the crowds. I headed towards the front and caught sight of the information booth.

"I'll ask what to do when you've lost a child," I thought.

Well there was Big H sitting on a volunteers lap, crying his head off. The ladies laughed a little when they saw Little H.

"Hey I think we have that kid with us in the information booth," they all said.

I laughed and said, "Yeah can you tell he belongs to me." :)


I was very appreciative, and the volunteers were impressed that I was so calm. I was trying to keep from getting to the worried stage before it was absolutely necessary.



Shortly after, loosing Big H, the twins took to holding hands. That's sounds like a good idea to me.

Here are some of the trees, and gingerbread houses, that were at the festival this year. Beautiful as always.












The big man himself was at the Festival, and Big H was all excited to go see him. We got there right as Santa was returning, and the boys all got a candy cane. They were all really excited about Santa. So we waited. . .and waited. . .and waited. . .and waited. . .in line. I probably should have just dropped it. After all, we had already gotten Santa photos at Wal-Mart back in November. But the boys cried and cried in those photos, and I was just so excited the Big H actually wanted to see him. I was crossing my fingers that this would be a happy visit. Well I'm sure you can guess what happened.

After me, repeatedly asking Big H, "Do you want to see Santa?"

And getting an excited, "Yes!"

It was finally our turn and Big H started to say, "No, No Santa!"



As always Santa was nice, and we got a pretty decent photo. At least there wasn't as much squirming.

Waiting for Santa almost made us late for a reception we wanted to go to. Luckily the reception went way over the time on the invitation. It was for a friend of mine that I knew in first grade. We were great friends, but she moved after that school year. We wrote for a while, but it faded out. Then, one day, I got a letter from her. I think I was in high school at the time. Anyway, thanks to the wonders of facebook, we are still in touch today. She looked beautiful, and I was glad we made it to her reception. Sadly, my camera died so I couldn't get a picture with her. But I took a photo of the fun cake lollipop I got from her wedding.



It was DELICIOUS!

Upon returning from the festival of trees, I gave all the men a haircut. They were all in huge need. And, since we don't have much time for a good cut with the scissors, I just pulled out the clippers. I still can't believe how short it is. But they still look cute as ever!



To conclude our decorating, we made snowflakes at my parents house on Sunday night. My mom is responsible for the really pretty ones. Nephew K helped out too. It was way fun. We brought the home and stuck them on the wall with the tree on it.



P.S. It's Christmas Card time again. Those that want one sent snail mail let me know! Happy to do it!

2 comments:

  1. Levi's solution to your Santa Claus picture difficulty is to just take two pictures of the happy twin and call it good. :) Oh but the crying ones are cute, too.

    ReplyDelete