Thursday, October 4, 2012

Another New Addition

When I was 18 it came time for me to purchase a new car. I was driving my Grand Prix, Toto, and loved so many things about it: the bench seat up front, all the room it had, the V6 engine, etc. When I went searching for a new car I looked for something with these same features. My only request was that my new car have cup holders. Low and behold I found Dorothy, and I've loved her ever since. Little did I know what a great purchase she was. Her back seat is big enough to fit 3 car seats. Her trunk is big enough to fit a double huge stroller. And her bench seat in the front allowed all six of us to travel together until we could get a van.

But now Dorothy can be retired because about a week or so ago we added a new addition to the family. Say hello to our lovely new van.

We bought it off of a public surplus auction, so its not the prettiest. But it was cheap and had low miles.

We had to drive out to Mt. Pleasant to pick it up. A fun fast little trip. I enjoyed seeing a real live cattle drive on the way home. They actually had cops out and slowed down traffic.

Anyway. . .by God's good graces, and by my parents graces too, we got the van, got it licensed and insured. I still can't believe we have such convenience. Once again I just feel incredibly privelaged and incredibly grateful.

We're still trying to name the van. We want to do a super hero name. Right now we're trying to choose between Mystique and Darkwing. I still feel like we can do better.

P.S. Dorothy is still a member of the family. She will serve as Craig's car now. A much easier job I assure you ;).



No comments:

Post a Comment