Sunday, April 18, 2010

He's My Little Helper!

It's been a bumpy road with my nephew recently. He's a great kid and can be such a good help sometimes, but then sometimes he drive me up the wall. Trying to help him with homework makes me want to rip out my hair at times. We were having horribly negative reading sessions, and I knew it was going to start to effect his learning negatively.



Well we recently changed our focus a little. I have tried to plan little lessons for him that focus on areas were he feels less confident. And then when the lesson is complete I shower him with praise- which is almost like ice cream for him. Thankfully it has turned things around for both of his. He's improving and so am I.



*I took these pics of him when he was at our house the other night. I found all my old dishes and such from the kitchen I played with when I was little. This kitchen was given to us by my mom for the grand kids to play with when they are here. Anyway. . .I told my nephew to help me put all my old stuff with the new kitchen, and I couldn't resist putting that little helper apron on him, and snapping some shots.

Aww. . .childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment