Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nephew K's Birthday!

I'm sure you've noticed my nephew K joins us on our family outings a lot. We love him to death, and there are reasons we try to give him as many experiences as we can. One of the things I wanted to do was put on a birthday party for him. I talked to my mom about using her pool, asked if she could get the cake and I'd invite some of his friends. She had been thinking of putting a party together too, so we ended up having this fun filled little pool party for him.

He had fun playing in the pool with his friends. They said the weather was supposed to be bad that day, but it ended up being beautiful.



He was the first and last to hit the pinata. He took it out in three swings. The kids didn't seem to care. As soon as the candy came out I think the completely forgot about the pinata.




Little H still wanted a turn though.



The kids had fun playing bingo and winning prizes. When someone would win it was their turn to give K his gift from them.






Little H displaying his prizes. Glasses, and hats, used to be ripped off in annoyance, but they are now one of their favorite toys.



Thanks to the wind we struggled to light the candles. And thanks to the presents the little boy, who asks at everybody's birthday if he can blow out the candles, had no interest in his cake. We had almost finished the Happy Birthday song, and I turned around to find K was the farthest away from the cake. I told him to get over there and blow out the candles, but the wind had already done it for him.



I kept the boys up, so they could enjoy some cake. They didn't seem to happy about it at first, but I think they forgave me.



Happy 6th Birthday K!

No comments:

Post a Comment