Thursday, December 2, 2010

Traditions!

I remember when I was little how exciting it was to wake in the middle of night and find that a snow storm had come to town. It was so magical to be the first in the house to behold the beautiful sight. Peter Breinholt even wrote a song about it which I'd share if I could find it. It is on one of my favorite Christmas Albums if your interested in hearing it.





Such was my giddiness at discovering the first snow fall
I decided to come up with a way to commemorate it- note that I was in high school at the time. So began the tradition of walking barefoot in the first snow fall of the season. The only rule to this tradition is that it has to be the first good snow fall that actually leaves snow on the ground.


Craig discovered the snow fall this year. He came and pulled me out of bed- I hadn't been feeling good that day- and told me it was time to go out walking barefoot. So Craig and I, in the middle of the night, walked barefoot in the first snowfall of the season.

1 comment: