Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday to You!



We just wanted to wish a very special Grandma "Happy Birthday!" The batteries died in the camera so that is why it was cut short. Sorry about that. Hope you enjoy it still.

I figured a post to wish Grandma S a "Happy Birthday" was also a good post to write about the cute things the boys have been up to. Plus I want to get them written down before I forget.

*Last night I asked the boys if they were ready for bed. Big H promptly folded his arms ready to say prayers. Funny thing is that I had not remembered to say prayers before bed that night. Glad my little boy is there to keep me in line!

*Along with folding their arms the boys have learned to say, "Amen" when the prayer is over. And, boy, do they have the most enthusiastic "Amen" you have ever heard.

*The boys are HUGE helpers. Yesterday we went to Carls Jr and Big H needed a diaper change. So off to the bathroom we went, but I forgot wipes. So we went back and grabbed some wipes. Little H decided to follow us back to the bathroom. I finished changing Big H and then I decided to change Little H because it had been a while since his last diaper change. Apparently he had pooped too, but the bad thing was that he had diarrhea so now his little bum was toasted. Well I had forgotten to grab some bum cream. I tried calling Craig but his phone was dead, so I looked out the door to see if I could get his attention. Craig was looking for Little H- he didn't know he had followed us to the bathroom- so he noticed me standing at the door. I sent Big H to his Dad and asked Craig to send him back with some bum cream. I went back in the bathroom to tend to little H, who screamed and hollered as I wiped his bum. Then I went to the door to check on Big H. Well, there he was, standing right outside the door, bum cream and all. It was the sweetest thing in the world!

*Little H loves to be a big brother. Last night he wanted to help Daddy with the baby. He got things for Dad like burp rags and wipes. Then I helped him get a binkie for Baby M. After delivering the binkie, Craig said, he climbed up on the bed so he could hold Monty and help him feel better. What a sweetheart!

Each time the little boys help it feels my heart with such joy. They have grown so much, and they are just such little sweethearts.

*Baby M has been a big helper too. He plays with toys pretty well, and he just gets calmer everyday. He keeps mom happy by laughing and smiling, and he's been sleeping without having to be swaddled. I sure love that boy!

Well hope you had a Happy Birthday Grandma S! We love you and appreciate everything you do!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much. That just tickled my heart. They are so special to me. Thanks for being a good mother and blogger. Give everyone a kiss for me. Getting older is not bad when every year I get a new grand baby to love and time to spend with all the rest.

    ReplyDelete