Thursday, March 24, 2011

You With Those Sad Eyes



The twins were sick recently-- I'm sure the baby was too, but it just wasn't as obvious with him. We spent a night up with them changing sheets and cleaning up throw up. I thought they were all better the next day, but then Little H woke up with swollen swollen eyes. The swelling had gone down a little by the time I took this photo. He seriously had the saddest eyes I had ever seen.

Do you see this happy guy? Yes its true this is my grumpy, colicky baby.



You could hardly recognize him these days. Well at least I hardly recognize him. Most other people hardly got a hint of his fussiness. We still have to deal with the acid reflux. And now we have a constipation issue, but we're getting it under control. At first I thought it was something he was eating. But then I decided, after several diet changes, it was probably just another lovely trait of the digestive system he was born with. So we've added prune juice to his diet. We also give him a go-gurt for dinner. He has been getting happier and happier so I think it's working. I'm hoping it works because our other option is to change to a low iron formula, as the doctor suggested. I really don't want to change his formula so lets hope he stays happy.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad to hear baby M is doing better. I think Jenna's kind of the same way. I mean, she's definitley got issues with milk products, but i think it all comes down to a SUPER SENSITIVE digestive system...must be an Andreason gene (since that's the common tie between the two kiddos). :) yay for happy (or maybe just happIER) babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete