Friday, September 9, 2011

Baby M's BIG Day!



I finally get to post about our little boy's 1st birthday!

We had a "Cowboy" party. That theme sure seems to fit our overly energetic and busy little boy. In fact, I could use some good wranglers to help me get him dressed for bed.

Baby M's is a special birthday because he shares it with my brother. I didn't want my brother's birthday to get lost in the hype, with it being Baby M's first, so we had the party for both of them. Since my brother is going into the Police academy we made Baby M the Sheriff and my brother the Deputy of Strattonville.

The twins helped me make star shaped cookies for the Sheriff and his Deputy.




The party had a stressful start. I, once again, was running around like a crazy person, trying to get everything set up, after the guests had started to arrive-- the same thing happened at the twins 1st Birthday. But everyone was patient, and happy to be there, so they were fine with waiting for a bit while we finished setting things up.

Our party had all the trimmings. Including our own little western town set up in the backyard. Thank you to Craig for building the frames!





The ice cream parlor served homemade ice cream, that my brother and his wife made. We also had homemade ice cream toppings, thanks to my mom. Everything was delicious!



The kids enjoyed panning for "gold". Notice the fire pit as well. Guests were welcome to roast their own hotdogs. Plus we had all the fixin's for yummy s'mores.



Once they found their "gold" they took it over to the trading post to trade it for some goods-- candy.



At our photo booth you could dress up in old fashioned clothes-- provided by us-- and have a fun picture taken.



We then edited them to make them look old fashioned and fun. I wanted to grab a fun family photo of us, but we didn't get the chance. Hopefully my friend won't mind if I use her photo as an example.



If anyone is having a party and would like us to do a photo booth like this, please give us a call. We need to get good use out of the dress ups we bought.

These are the scrapbook pages I made of Baby M's first year. We set them out for people to write sign and maybe write a little note. If you missed your chance, to sign a page, just let me know. There is plenty of blank space to fill up.



For his 1st Birthday cake we made him an ice cream cake out of ice cream sandwiches because he LOVES ice cream. We decorated it with m&m's because he LOVES m&m's as well.




We ended the night by opening presents. Baby M got so many fun gifts from all his friends and family. Including some great clothes for winter, and some fun new toys-- hopefully his brothers will let him at least play with the toys that are his.








"No more presents, please, Mom!"



Happy Birthday to my special little cowboy! You've taught us so much. We may not always be happy to learn, but I know you're here to help us grow! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had quite the shindig! Little M is a cute little varmint :) I just want to smoochify that handsome little face! I can scarcely believe he's already 1 - it seems like the twins should still be 1. Time flies too fast for this Auntie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks so good Trisha. Good work. I wish we could have made it. And your 2 dollar Tuesday's look fun.

    ReplyDelete