Wednesday, September 21, 2011

No Matter What the Post, It's Always About the Boys!

These two boys have some fun stories to share.

First off is Baby M's first haircut. A few days after his birthday I pulled out the scissors and chopped of his long, fine hair.



We promised my mom that we wouldn't cut it until after he turned 1. It's actually been bugging me for a while. Not because it was long hair, I like to leave it longer, but because it grew in in such a weird fashion.



It was long in back and on top, and then the sides were short and wispy. I thought it looked funny the way it hung over his ears, but my mom insisted it was cute. She told me to leave it so he could just stay a baby for a while. Luckily, she handled his first haircut rather well. I, of course, saved me a lock from one of the sections that finally got some curl in it.

Here he is, sporting his new do!



Next, our friend Big H is back with some more eye issues. This time caused by a bite.

It was a couple of weeks ago. He had hit his eye on a corner, earlier that day, so I thought nothing of it. But then, while at the store, Craig and I noticed the swelling was starting to increase.

"We'd better give him Benedryl when we get home," I said.

Craig agreed.

Later that night, we arrived home and the boys went to bed. I asked Craig if he had given Big H some Benedryl. He hadn't because he thought it looked like the swelling had gone down. I agreed.

Yet, still, I was not surprised to wake up, the next morning, and find him like this:




This is not so much about the boys, but about my cousins little girl. We went to her birthday party back in August and I forgot to post about it.



We had so much fun at the party, and we got so much fun stuff. My cousin throws a great party! I wanted to hire her to throw Baby M's party for me.

The boys tolerated their puppy dog ears. They loved their candy and treats. And they really loved the little stuffed dogs that my cousin made out of socks. The loved them so much I need to sew some ears and feet back on.

The party was great! But, truly, the best part was that I got to go shopping for girls clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment