Saturday, September 3, 2011

I Guess We're Just Having Too Much Fun!

This summer must be filled to the brim because I can't seem to get a single post in. I wish I could say it was filled up with pool parties and fun outings, but that's really only half of what has made this summer so busy. But I'll mostly post about the fun stuff, so all can enjoy!

The end of July

We actually had a small celebration on the 24th of July. We got together at my parents house and swam in the pool. Craig joined us later and we had a yummy dinner. It was just us and my parents-- and nephew K of course.






August

August found us doing many fun things-- and many not so fun things, but that's a long long story that involves a little house wife venting.

We took a drive up the Nebo Loop.

This loop goes from Payson to Nephi, and it is BEAUTIFUL!



It has a lot of places to pull off and take in the beauty of the mountains.





We, of course, had to put some of our own little touches on this nice little drive. This involved being low on gas, Craig forgetting his wallet, the boys all pooping and peeing through their clothes, our car almost overheating-- Craig packing some coolant in the trunk saved the day on that one-- and forgetting the baby's bottle-- my backup bag in the trunk saved the day on that one, we must have a magical trunk. Some spare cash in my wallet allowed us to get enough gas to make the drive, but we still had fun seeing how far we could coast in neutral. On the way home we purchased some more gas with the change in my change purse.



I highly recommend taking this drive if you're ever in town-- though you may want to leave out the fun little touches we added.

We took a Friday night drive up Hobble Creek canyon and let the boys play around in the creek.






We enjoyed a fun Ward activity up the Canyon at Jolley's Ranch.






We had some more fun doing FHE. We talked about Noah and made paper boats and floated them in a tub of water. This little activity was so simple and yet caused so much joy. My nephew wanted to make boat after boat after boat. The best part is that he actually remember the story of Noah when all was said and done.



We visited yet another splash park. This one is in Alpine. My cousin Ashlie invited us.





We also had fun celebrating my Nephew's Birthday. On Thursday, Craig and I took him to a water park in Draper called Cowabunga Bay. We promised a trip there if he earned ten stars on his "I followed directions and did my best" chart. He kept saying, "You said you would take me and you actually did!"







Do you like all the bags needed to take all of us to the water park?



The next day was his actual birthday. We had a pool party at my parents' house. Unfortunately it was a bit chilly so nobody dared to get in the pool. Except for the twins.





I'll finish off the post with a cute pic of my boys with the kittens. We are having a hard time hanging on to those cats. Apparently having cute cats that live outside leads to people constantly picking up your "lost" cats. twice they have returned them to us. We'll see if it happens again :S

1 comment:

  1. Magic trunks are the best! It's one reason I hate to clean out the car, because generally I can find anything I need in there - extra shoes, a baggie of snacks, water, extra diapers, toys. It's wonderful! But if I clean the car - oi it's bad! :)

    ReplyDelete