Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Three Little Spooks to Help Decorate the House

Here at the Stratton house we have a deep fondness for this time of year. If you haven't noticed already. We've been trying to make the most of our Halloween, and my three little spooks have done a nice job of helping me.



They each made a paper plate skeleton. Little H was afraid of his. Big H thought it was the coolest thing on the planet, and still stares at them with deep admiration-- while yelling out some excited toddler babble.

Though Little H may be afraid of that skeleton, he's more than happy to tell you what shapes, kind of, sort of, make up his face.



On the note of skeletons, one certain little spook-- Baby M-- will not allow this skeleton to rest in peace. If it weren't bad enough to have spiders and rats-- or kitty's, as the boys call them-- crawling all over you. Baby M insists that his ribcage must be constantly torn away from the rest of his bones. I guess at least Mr. Skeleton always has a smile!



The boys also helped me put up some fancy spider webbing. I'll admit I was turned away from spider webbing before. I think because I thought it seemed over done. But I spent a dollar on one bag, it covered the front of our house rather well and really does a lot to add to the ambiance of the season. That being said, it is still incredibly annoying to put up, especially with dry skin.



The boys and I also had fun painting these leaves to put on the tree in their room. This tree will one day be re-figured and repainted. Partly because I don't like it, partly because putting in the door kind of messed it up and partly because we have to redo the boys room anyway. Thanks to that nice little crack in our foundation.



We have also taken in some of our Seasonal favorites. We have watched Scabbers(a.k.a.Casper). We have watched The Kitty Movie(a.k.a Hocus Pocus). May I note, there are now three Kitty Movies, which are: Stuart Little, Milo and Otis and Hocus Pocus. Big H loves Hocus Pocus, but Little H always says, "It's Scary Mom," when the zombie comes on.

We also watched The Nightmare Before Christmas.



And I have tried to get the boys to watch Halloweentown with me. That one hasn't been met with much acclaim.

I must also mention, when I say watch I mean repeatedly watch. That is mostly thanks to Big H.



Baby M cracks us up because he is really so attentive when it comes to movies and TV. If I leave the TV on, and take him out of his crib, he won't come upstairs. His favorites so far seem to be Stuart Little and Thomas. . .-- Surprise! Surprise!



What fun we have had for Halloween this year. I've really enjoyed all the fun activities we have gotten to do together as a family.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think my kids have actually watched Nightmare Before Christmas (they watch more episodic shows and Tomy tends to be easily frightened) but we've been listening to Pandora's halloween party mix while sewing costumes and so Tomy goes around singing "what's this!?" too. Unfortunately I can't replay songs on demand with pandora to help him learn a few more lyrics. Believe me when I say that the repetition is MUCH cuter with the younger set. :)

    Oh how I LOVE Halloween! I'm glad you're having a fun season too!

    ReplyDelete