Friday, February 24, 2012

That's My Boys

An update, a little bragging and a way to try and squeeze in some random pictures.
Those boys of mine are sure cute!

The twins are obsessed with super heroes. You can often hear them saying, "To the rescue! It's superman to the rescue!"
 Big H likes Batman and Little H likes Superman and Spiderman.

The boys all like to play video games. I'm yet to think of a game they could play with out lots of help, but sometimes they help me play. Last night Big H kept exclaiming, "I did it! I did it!" As we played Lego Batman.

The boys have also started to pay special attention to their rewards charts. When they are good they get a star. After 9 stars they get a special surprise. Little H earned his yesterday-- it was a treat from our treat bucket. After that Big H kept saying, "I want stars." He said it over and over.
 "Well be a good boy and you'll get them."
I finally found a few reasons for him to get his last two stars and then he got a treat. Little H saw this and said, "I want stars."


The twins both love letters and when we are out the are always saying, "Look letters!"
Or they will say, "It's a 'A'. It's a 'D'".

The twins have gotten into a bad habit of saying "Stupid cat!" And "Shut-up!"
The "stupid cat" wasn't all our fault. It was on Muppet Treasure Island, and they picked right up on it. Though the other day the fridge froze some of our food and I said, "Stupid fridge!"
So, yes, I'm partly to blame.
The "shut-up" is my fault. I just tell them we shouldn't use that word and mommy and daddy shouldn't use it either. They then look at me and say, "Shhh! Shhh!" Big H always does this when I'm mad at him.

Big H

His weird rash. We still don't know what that was about.
 

Big H is now potty trained, though he still wears a pull-up at night. He loves his "underwears".  He gets upset when he can't find him, or if you offer him a diaper instead. One night we didn't have pull-ups so we put a diaper on him and he threw a fit. Half way through the night the diaper came off and he wet the bed. 

His pull-ups have Disney/Pixar's Cars on them. I guess all Cars pull-ups are not equal. Every night he has to pull them all out until he finds one with Mater on it. 

 Big H likes shapes. He asks me about the shapes on his potty chart. 
Big H: "What's that?" 
Me: "That's a rectangle." 
Big H: "A triangle. What's that?" 
Me: "That's a square." 
Big H: "No it's a Triangle." 

Big H likes movies. He has his own name for them to. We now have, to add to the list, Herald=Hercules, Spiderman Herald=Spiderman 2, Charlie Movie=All Dogs Go to Heaven, Snowman=Superman and Arella=Cinderella. The rest I haven't decoded yet, but their are a couple that go by Horse Movie and Mouse Movie.

 

Little H

Double the diapers, double the fun!

Little H is a huge momma's boy. He also likes to be the mom. "Don't do that Henrum!"
"Poop in the toilet."
"You OK?"

Little H picks up on all our phrases. Even the bad ones. One night I spilled the candy bucket and he said, "This is Crap Mom!" As he helped me pick up.
Yes that's the wisdom I have imparted to my child.

 Little H is always good to let Big H pick the movie-- and in this house Big H picks the movie. Sometimes I feel really bad that he never gets to choose, so I watch a movie with him. Or we just endure Big H's tantrum. Yesterday he watched Thumbelina with me. It was so fun, even though I fell asleep.

Little H is good to clean up when I ask him too. He's also good to throw a tantrum when I ask him to do things.

I learned, the other night, that the "Bibbity bobbity Boo" scene in Cinderella is pretty Traumatic for Little H. Watching all the animals get turned into something else left him saying, "Where did mice go? Where is horse? Oh no horse. Oh no dog! Where is dog?"

Baby M

Playing video games.
Baby M is on the ball. He is smart and attentive. When he's hungry he gets a bib and goes to his high chair. I didn't even have to teach him.

He's getting really good at following directions and picking up messes. But he can still be really stubborn about it too.

Baby M is our button pusher. Seriously, this kid is crazy with buttons. Within minutes of being at your house you would know what I mean.

He's a little troublemaker. Sometimes he laughs when he does something naughty-- like throwing things. Sometimes when I come to get him he'll stand there and smile then at the last minute run away. He can be a stinker sometimes.

Baby M likes to snuggle, and he likes when his brothers are gone and it's all about him.

Baby M hates baby signs and gets mad when I try to use them. He does really good at catching on to how things work though. If he wants more cereal he'll hand me his bowl and say, "Mo." If he's done he throws it on the floor.


The other day I told Baby M to put something in the sink. He gets confused about what goes in the sink and what goes in the garbage. Sometimes he'll try to throw dishes away. I pointed him towards the sink so he wouldn't get confused. Well, he couldn't reach, so he came back and threw it in the garbage.

The other day he thought the garbage looked fun. He pulled out an egg carton that had egg shells in it and crushed them all over the floor. He got sent to time out. He doesn't take kindly to punishment. It's really quite tragic for him.

Baby M is starting to fight his brothers more and more. It kind of surprises me. The twins used to always start it, but that's not the case anymore.

Baby M likes things to go exactly his way. Even if he gets what he wants, but it didn't go the way he wanted, he'll throw a fit. He finds ways to make his way work to. Like if Craig and I are hugging he'll butt in to get attention. We pick him up for a minute. But when we go to put him down he holds up his legs and won't stand up. I usually set him on the floor, which leads to a fit. 


Those are what the boys have been up to lately. I know there are more stories but I can not remember them. Oh well, the post is getting long anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Funny! You've certainly got your hands full with those three boys!

    ReplyDelete