Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 24, 2010: Thursday Night is Date Night!



I can't explain the excitement that rushed over me as I opened up The Scera's summer schedule and saw that Linda Eder- One of my all time favorite singers next to Judy Garland- would be putting a concert on at the outdoor theater. I could barely control my fingers as I texted Craig, "Linda Eder is coming to the Scera! We have to go!"

These moments have become rare for me. I've become less passionate about theater and the arts since I worked at Tuacahn- and since I became a mom. Shows come and go and the ones that I would have given me that giddiness in my tummy, and that rush to buy tickets- or audition for- no matter what, no longer phase me. I just think, "I'd like to go see that, but we don't have the time or the money- or the babysitter :)" I was actually amazed to find how excited I was at the thought of seeing her in concert because things like this have just become less important to me since marriage.

Perhaps it's because I've been trying to make it to one of her concerts for years. Or maybe it's because she is one of the best kept secrets out there- not many have heard of her but she has a beautifully powerful voice and continues to amaze me with each song. Or maybe it's because she's a singer who seems to share the same liking for music that I do- she is also a Judy Garland fan and has even released a tribute album.



Well Craig got me the tickets, and the day finally came last Thursday and I was way excited! When we got there I was shocked to find that there was no where to park. The lots and streets were full. But we got in, we got our seats and we sat down to enjoy a wonderful evening. Everyone loved the show. They loved it so much she even did an encore performance- I didn't know they still did that. It was a great night!



Thanks to my parents for babysitting and letting Craig and I go on a date. We don't go very often, but it sure was nice to get out as a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment