Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Travis!



His birthday is actually tomorrow, but we decided to visit today. This is who baby M is partly named after- his middle name. He's my mom's little boy from her first marriage. He left this world when he was only 20 months old- it was before my Mom even met my Dad. We stopped by to wish him a Happy Birthday, and to get some pictures of Baby M by his uncles grave.





Craig found this katydid. The boys had fun playing with it- don't worry it survived.




Happy Birthday dear brother! I look forward to meeting you one day.


Dear Mother how I love thee
and wish that I could stay
I wish those tears weren't falling
because I go away

My father calls me home now
to do his work up there
but I promise to be with you
whenever time can spare

I know that you can't see me
or hold me close at heart
I know that makes things harder
while we are a part

But so you will not miss me
so much, this I pray
I'll bless your life with little boys
I'll send them all your way

And as you look upon them
I pray you'll think of me
and all the wonders I am doing
while I wait for thee

Hold me in you heart dear mother
for we know one day
you'll raise me from the babe I was
because I'm yours eternally




My mom has 7 grandsons now. I thought this was a nice way to look at our blessing of boys.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to lose a loved one. I think it is fun that you have all these beautiful boys to enjoy in this life and one to look forward to enjoying in the life to come. Hurray for forever families!

    ReplyDelete