Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just a Little Update!

Does this count as slave labor?

Firefox isn't letting us view videos, and it's also disabling some picture up loaders. If you can't see the video try a different browser.



The boys went to nursery for the first time this week. It didn't work out so well. They were having a hard time, so they came and asked if one of us could go up to nursery with them. Turns out our nursery doesn't have toys. I don't know if our boys are going to stay interested for two hours without toys. Especially so close to nap
time.




Baby M went to the doctor again. We've been having trouble with feedings and we just can't find the right formula- that has two meanings here- that will help him be calm and happy. We've tried the sensitive formulas and we've tried the soy formula- he spit up a lot that day. We even switched to a brand called Nutrimigen as suggested by the doctor. The results weren't outstanding, but he did seem a little better so we decided to stick with it. We'd have good days, and on those days I was hopeful that it was all over, but we still haven't solved the problem.

We've tried different bottles, different binkies, different sleeping positions, you name it. We've tried rotating his hips and rubbing his belly. We tried offering him more to eat, giving him gas drops and gripe water, but most days still end up the same: He takes an hour to eat, an hour to sleep and then he's up again, fussy and uncomfortable.

We took him back to the doctor because his thrush had not gone away yet, and I told Craig to ask and tell him everything about feedings. The doctor said because of his low weight gain we needed to switch him back to regular formula. This was not good news for me.

Craig and my Dad gave him a blessing that he may respond well to the normal formula and it wouldn't cause him pain. Today was a monster of a day though. He was fussy and unhappy. Even worse then usual. We even ventured out and bought the Canadian Gripe Water to see if that would help, but to no avail.

I finally drove him down to the local insta-care because I just didn't feel like I was getting any answers to this problem. There's a doctor there I really like, and I just covered everything I could think of. He suggested putting him on a medication for heart burn to see how he does.

Lets cross our fingers!

Baby M was put on Gerber's website. I don't know if every baby is chosen, but I also submitted a picture of Big H, and so far they've only put Baby M's picture up.

3 comments:

  1. ask your new doctor about Neocate formula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... what do the nursery leaders do for two hours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea, but there is no way they are going to distract my boys for 2 hours with out toys. Especially that close to nap time.

    ReplyDelete