Sunday, June 24, 2012

Memorial Ride and Hike up Lloyd's Hill




In remembrance of my Grandfather, who passed away last year, some fellow bikers arranged a memorial ride up Lloyd's Hill.



There was a hike also, which is the route we took. It all happened on June 2, 2012.



The hike was steep, but short, and soon we were at the top. The view is spectacular, which, as far as I understand, is precisely why my grandpa enjoyed the ride up this extra, little, steep slope.

I got the genius idea to make these cute shirts for the boys in honor of the event. Unfortunately the idea didn't come to me until the night before. I was scurrying around Wal-Mart trying to figure out how to pull it off in under $10.00. My mom, after hearing about my idea, graciously purchased these printable iron on's for me. Much easier then my idea to use fabric paint. Still, Craig and I were up till two in the morning finishing the shirts. But I was really happy with how they turned out.





Baby M's new scarf.




The day didn't start out great for us. Big H threw up on the ride up to there. I forgot to ask my mom to grab her umbrella strollers. And, the cherry on top, was arriving to find that it was cold and windy, and I was without sweaters for the boys. Grrr. . .I have just felt so unprepared lately. But it warmed up. The hike was fine without sweaters. And we even survived the awful throw up smell, that was awaiting us in the car, when we left. It ended up being a pretty good day. And I enjoyed seeing the family, and all the people that came out to ride in honor of my Grandpa.


No comments:

Post a Comment