Monday, June 11, 2012

Memorial Weekend





Saturday

We headed up to "Day Out With Thomas". It was freezing cold that day. When we arrived in Heber we found out that they were now charging just to go in and walk around-- $5.00 got you in, but you couldn't participate in anything. Baby M was the only one who could get in free so that would've been $20.00 just for our family to walk around and look at things.



We waited for Thomas to pull in and took a picture outside the gates. Had it been warmer we might have stayed longer, but we grabbed the boys and ran for the car. Little H was upset. "I want to see Thomas!" He kept crying.



I felt bad, but it just seemed like it was getting too overpriced.

Well we decided to stop at the Dairy Keen-- our favorite burger joint in Heber. After all, we had come all that way. Everyone and their dog was there, but we went inside anyway. They had a Thomas train running around their track, and the boys shouted with excitement every time they saw that little train. Seriously! It was like Christmas Morning.



They also had little engineer hats for $1.00. It made the day so much more fun.




We stopped by to see Thomas one more time.



Then the drive home. The boys crashed!



Sunday

We visited my Grandpa G's grave, and took him some flowers. Baby M fell asleep in the car so we took a picture with the twins.



We also stopped at my Grandma G's house, and got to visit with my cousin and her family. It was a fun day.

Monday

I was awesomely exciting and cleaned the whole morning. The boys pitched in and helped.



Then we headed to my Grandma A's and helped my Dad plant the garden. The boys were so cute, and only a little trouble, when it came to helping in the garden.








After the garden was done we drove to my Grandpa A's grave in Payson. The twins went home with my Dad so we just had Baby M. He had started to drift off as we pulled into the cemetery, so he was kind of grumpy. We took a picture quickly and then left, so he could sleep.



We then met up at my parents for a yummy BBQ, and the boys pretended to get in the pool-- it was pretty cold.




That concludes the events of our fun, exciting and exhausting Memorial Day weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice when you can find a way to get more bang for your buck? Love it!

    So does this mean you get to have a pumpkin harvest party this year? I hope so! Such a fun tradition and a great way to remember your grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we have some pumpkins this year. I was planning on continuing the pumpkin party tradition. We're keeping our fingers crossed. All the pumpkins we planted that day died so we had to replant some that we bought at a greenhouse. If we do have a party you guys should come up and join us!

    ReplyDelete