Monday, June 11, 2012

My Lovely Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day this year. Craig got up and cleaned the whole house, and took care of the kids. It was great!

I told him I wanted flowers for the yard, but I figured it wouldn't happen. When you have no money you pretty much always no how much money you don't have. Well Craig got a check that I didn't know about and used it to by me some pretty flowers for the yard. He also bought me some berry bushes.



And, of course, some treats.



The boys nursery leader had tons of things planned for mothers day. So many cute and special cards from all my little men.



With no money I came up with this idea as a gift for grandma's, and great grandma's.



We attached a poem that read:

Dandelions aren't much more
Then some annoying weed
But when a gift from a child
They're loveliness indeed

Treasures, trinkets, buttons & bows
May be junk to some
But every little child knows
What specialness can come

Keep this jar some place nice
And fill it with the grand
Special gifts and precious flowers
Picked by little hands

Happy Mother's Day!

It's kind of dumb, but oh well.

We ended the day with a nice dinner at my parents house. My Grandma A even joined us. I really enjoyed my special day this year! I hope the other mother's in my life had just as great of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment