Sunday, September 2, 2012

Anchors Away

I just realized I don't know if it's Anchors Aweigh or Anchors Away. The Gene Kelly movie is called "Anchors Aweigh". So that's probably the correct term. I'll have to look it up later.

The last time I went in my parents boat was the summer after the twins were born. So we were all pretty excited when they invited us out last Tuesday. Though, as I climbed on board, I realized the boat and the 9 months pregnant me had never had a proper introduction. This was my first time out as a pregnant woman, and I hadn't realized how awkward it might be. It ended up going well after I got my sea legs back. I was also a little on edge with the boys wanting to kneel, stand and look over the bow all while the boat was moving. But I started to become acquainted with the boat once again and became more and more comfortable as the day went on.

We all enjoyed swimming and eating. We drove around a bit and enjoyed the surprisingly smooth Utah Lake. It was a good outing, and only three people fell in. Craig fell in as we pulled the boat away from the trailer. He was trying to get on and lost his grip. Baby M fell in while climbing around the back. He had a life jacket on so he was safe. And my mom fell on trying to get a diet coke that had fallen in the lake. There was also the fun of the twins drifting away when the waves started to pick up. They got pretty scared but Craig jumped in and helped them. And we got a rope and pulled them back in. After that Craig would drift for fun and the boys would get all stressed and try to pull him back.

We all had a very enjoyable time out in the boat. It was fun to do something different. I forgot how exhausting the boat can be. We all chowed down on a Hot and Ready Pizza when we got home.








No comments:

Post a Comment