Tuesday, September 18, 2012

To Be Continued. . .

. . .is now continued

For Craig's Birthday. . .


. . .we invited some friends over for a pool party that Saturday. We enjoyed a gourmet hot dog bar and some red velvet cake. Craig got some new clothes for work, and some other fun stuff. I think he really enjoyed his birthday this year. It was fun to celebrate with friends and family.




For the Fourth of July. . .


Craig and I took the boys down to Provo to check out some of the Freedom Festival stuff. Then Craig had to go to work.





I then went to my parents house and joined everyone for a pool party and a BBQ. My mom's side of the family was there. We all had so much fun. I really enjoyed seeing everyone and getting to spend time with them.





For Little M's birthday. . .

. . .I was a slacker. I asked my mom to help me come up with a party because I wanted to celebrate, but I was too tired to plan it. Little M hasn't shown huge interest in anything particular. He really seems to like Thomas and trains though. We kind of did a things that go party. Mostly it was just food and family since he's 2 and won't really remember.

Little M loves marshmallows so, instead of a cake, we had a chocolate fountain. That way he could enjoy yummy chocolate dipped marshmallows. And we could all enjoy a chocolate fountain ;).



My mom bought him this little mini cake so we could sing happy birthday and he could blow out the candle. Little H dropped it on the floor the night before, and, after I fixed it, Little M kept sneaking frosting here and there.




We sang happy birthday about ten times. And then I tried to get Little M interested in his presents. He wasn't too impressed with anything.



Our friends did give him this tool belt that he liked. He tried to climb into the pool with it, and all his other clothes too, and when I went to take it off he screamed at me. This was my solution.



Along with the tool belt he got some new clothes to wear and some fun books from his nursery leader. Have I mentioned she's amazing!

I felt bad that his party wasn't more exciting. I also felt bad for my mom's efforts and the fact that no one came. Labor Day weekend is a tough time to have a birthday. I was glad that our neighbors came. They are such good friends. And Little M really did enjoy himself. He even got into the pool for a bit.



We're trying to make Little M a patchwork afghan for his birthday. If anyone would like to contribute a crocheted square we'd love it. It can be any size, any color, any pattern. It was a my hopes that we could make a trip down south and have a little birthday party/meet the new baby party with everyone down there. And then we could possibly do more with the afghan down there. But unfortunately it looks like my recent 4 day stay at the B&B of American Fork Hospital is the closest thing we'll be getting to "getting away" for a while.

Hopefully that concludes all my "to be continued" posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment