Friday, September 28, 2012

New Tires for Dorothy

Last summer my Dad told me, "You should get some new tires for winter."

Well winter passed. As did spring. And most of summer. But safety and emissions peeked its nasty, little head around the corner and we had to figure out how to get tires.

Well it took lots of overtime, and a little sacrificing, but we finally were able to buy those 4 new tires.

I had to post about because I was like a kid at Christmas when we got our new tires. I was so excited! It honestly felt like a luxury we couldn't afford. I feel so privileged to be driving a car with safe tires that aren't  constantly in need of air, or that aren't one sharp rock away from being a road side hazard.

Sounds silly doesn't it! Sadly it's true :)


3 comments:

  1. The joys of being a grown-up - getting excited over new tires!! Woo-hoo!!! Glad you can drive around safely now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New tires ARE exciting! I'm glad your old ones refrained from killing you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is no sillier than being excited to receive underwear and socks for Christmas. It's a gratitude thing! Congrats on the tires and the car.

    ReplyDelete