Monday, September 17, 2012

The Great Outdoors

We have had a lot of fun this summer getting out and about and enjoying the great outdoors. What was not so much fun was all the fires. I swear it was hotter sometimes because of them. Even though we couldn't venture far because of gas money and our tires we still had a lot of fun.



One place we really enjoyed was Salem Ponds. We had a nice little picnic lunch there one Sunday.







Being summer we found we had a few weddings to attend. One was for a friend of mine from childhood. I think this was a first for me. The first time I attended a wedding reception for good friend, that I grew up with. I guess I didn't have many childhood friends. Her reception was at a golf course down by Utah Lake.



We also enjoyed a fun trip to the Mt. Timpanogos temple in July. The Provo was closed for cleaning that month, so we drove to American Fork so I could get my monthly temple visit in. Craig kindly watched the boys. After I was done we walked around the temple grounds with the boys. Big H was so upset that he couldn't go inside so only Little H and Little M would pose for a picture.



One of our other ventures found us feeding the ducks down by Utah Lake-- I like this little spot right where the river meets the lake. We stopped by after dropping Craig off at work one day.




Of course, as everyone knows, this summer brought a lot of fires. At the beginning of summer there were several burning all over the state. The effects were seen at our house. There was ash everywhere,



and outside was tinted with a weird sepia like light. It was kind of weird. I tried to capture the moment on camera. I didn't do a great job though.



After our, above mentioned, picnic at Salem Ponds we came home to find smoke billowing out of our local canyon. We drove up to try and get a good picture of it. The smoke looked so thick from far back I could have sworn the fire was just around the corner. The further we drove into the less thick it seemed. And we never got to a spot where we could get a really good picture of the effect.



We also enjoyed taking the boys to a fun sports camp this summer.




And we joined my parents for their wards Book of Mormon activity. The boys loved the play battle scene area.




We've enjoyed ourselves a pretty full summer of fun. I can't believe it's already over.


Did I Forget to Mention. . .


Craig started a new job back in June. Here he is with his certificate saying he passed training. He now works at Teleperformance providing tech support for Verizon. He talks on the phone with people when they are having trouble with their service. So far he really enjoys it.



My brother graduated from POST. I was so happy for him. I hope he finds a job soon because he'll make a great cop.



No comments:

Post a Comment