Friday, May 22, 2009

May 22, 2009: Meet Danny Zuko


We have a new member of the family! His name: Danny Zuko, His family: Turdidae, His Species? We're guessing Sparrow. Heck we dont' even know if he is indeed a he. Danny joined our family when Craig found two of his dead brothers while mowing the lawn. Not wanting Danny to meet the same fate we adopted him and have managed to keep him alive for three days now. Apparently Danny hasn't heard of the saying "Don't poop where you eat, sleep, drink, etc. "

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You're family is growing leaps and bounds this year. I'm guessing Danny isn't the only one to poop everywhere. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its true. I must like to clean up poop because I seem to do it where ever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia- I raised a little family of baby sparrows from the pink & bald stage and when they grew up we released them. We fed them dry dog food that had been soaked in water and gradually transitioned them to seed. They were darling (and much like having a baby to feed on a very frequent schedule!). Good luck with your feathered friend! I bet your sweet boys are just changing daily! Thanks for the announcement!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I misunderstood that you soak dry dog food to make it soft. We bought wet and mixed it with baby cereal. It seems to be working well though. I read that they eat every 15 minutes and I was a little worried. Luckily that turned out not to be true. I can't believe how much the boys have changed. It happens so fast.

    ReplyDelete