Friday, September 3, 2010

And Then There Were 5



Our family changes faster then the weather. I feel bad for those trying to keep track. On September 1, 2010 we welcomed our third child into the world. His delivery was swift and wonderful. How great it is to be in the same room as a brand new little life enters this world. He wasn't happy about being pulled out of his current residence. He was feisty and strong, and wanted those doctors to leave him alone. He has since calmed down and become content. He's a sweet good little boy, and we're falling more and more in love with him each day.



Mom got to hold him for a minute, but then hey took him downstairs to put on a funny mask to help clear out his lungs. I was worried that it would be the beginning of another stressful stay in the level 2 nursery, but it was only a few minutes later that Craig was telling me they were taking it off and all was well.



Grandma was waiting right outside the OR doors, so she could catch a glimpse of her new grand baby. She gave the boys a quick peek at their new brother before they wheeled him downstairs.




The c-section went well. Though the spinal made me sick, unlike the epidural, it was worth it because I didn't feel anything while they took the baby out. And the surgery, and recovery, seemed faster then last time.



We had a lot of visitors come by. My brother and his family among them. My brother now shares a birthday with this little guy.





But my favorite visitors were my two little boys. They were so cute with their new brother.





My poor dad was so put out because he had to work out of town and couldn't be there for the birth. He was overjoyed that night when he finally got to lay his eyes on his new little grand son. "You did good!" he told me.




I brought the costumes to work on when I got bored. I,of course, had to try stuff on to see if it fit.




I love going from being pregnant to having a beautiful new baby. I love the joy it brings to people. I love how content I feel. I love the adoring looks from my husband. And I love getting to know my new child.



Announcements will be sent out soon. If you want to know the name email me or Craig.



6 lbs, 15 oz and 19 inches of pure perfection!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Uncle Mets birthday is Sept. 1st as well. Looks like a lot of neat guys are born on this day! I hope all goes well on your recovery. Here is wishing you many nights of sleep.

    ReplyDelete