Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 23, 2009: OUCH!




Our poor little boys got their first shots today. Well, I don't think it was a first for them, but it was a first for us. I'm pretty sure they gave them shots right after they were born, but we weren't really present for those.

Both boys did wonderfully! They cried a little, but they were easy to calm down- as always. They fussed a little off and on all night, but all in all they were quite the little troopers. They were also the talk of the town at the Health Building. I think the nurses might have played odds and evens or rock, paper, scissors to see who got to take the twins. The nurse that gave them their shots was ecstatic that she got to see them up close.

On another note, I keep forgetting to mention that Craig got a new calling at church. He is the 2nd counselor in the Sunday School Presidency. He's very excited! I think he enjoys the excuse to socialize. We're in need of good reasons to meet new people.

We're also waiting to hear back on a job interview Craig went to last Thursday. This job would work out really well for us, and Craig says its something he would enjoy doing, so keep us in your prayers :)

4 comments:

  1. Ack! I HATE shots! Poor babies!

    Good luck with the making of new friends and getting a new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost started to cry rigth along with Henry. So sad, but I know it's better they get them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cuties! The first shots are the hardest to watch as far as I'm concerned. It gets a little easier but not much.
    Tell Craig good luck on that job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have trouble with the older siblings crying the loudest, trying to protect the baby..."Don't hurt my baby!" As they get older, I wonder if your boys will try to keep each other safe from needles and other "stick"y situations.

    ReplyDelete