Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1, 2009: Adventures of the Stratton Family Part II: Hike to Stewart Falls









Today we took the boys on their very first hike, and they did fantastic!
They pretty much slept the whole way. I'm not sure how.
Those carriers look awfully uncomfortable to me. Don't worry both babies are still alive even though they don't look it in the pictures.
We hiked up to Stewart Falls- a local favorite. The hike is about 2 miles in and 2 miles out. Craig and I did pretty good. We really had no choice but to keep going since the only way in and out is by walking- and apparently horseback riding judging by some of the droppings we saw.
The hike was beautiful and a good work out. The pictures make it look kind of stormy, but the weather was pretty decent. A little windy, but what can you expect. We had to take my camera on this hike. Craig's camera seemed to recover from the bathtub drop, but after a few photo downloads it quit entirely. At least we were still able to capture the memories of the boys first hike.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=112762&id=765058202&l=edd43910d6

6 comments:

  1. those boys just keep having one spectacular adventure after another. what an enriching way to grow. okay, so they probably didn't notice much other than the pleasant rocking of your walking, but you have the pictures to prove they've been there and back again. what fun!

    btw i have two baby inner tube floaty chair thingies, if you'd like them. tell me and i can bring them up this weekend, or not. see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inner tube floaty thingies would be awesome! If you could bring them up that would be great. Hope you guys have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tricia. Looks like they are having a blast! (Ok I'd be having a blast if I was sleeping too : ) Glad you guys get to do so much fun stuff with those adorable boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Thanks for commenting too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are so active! fun! I love their tiny matching shoes~ that's so cute how you each have a baby on the front.
    If I get tired from holding Kelton, Mike will take a turn.. but you guys are in it for the long run ~ wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to spend the day. The picture is darling. I love to see babies so relaxed. It makes me wish I could just drop off and someone else would carry me around. But that wouldn't be a work out that would be (whats the word? oh yeah!) "impossible." ^v^

    ReplyDelete