Monday, June 29, 2009

June 27 and 28, 2009, : Happy Birthday Daddy!



So I'm a terrible wife and forgot to plan anything for Craig's birthday. I just had it set in my mind that we were getting him a new camera, so I didn't have to think about getting a gift. And since I didn't have to get him a gift I totally spaced doing anything else. And since the camping trip took a big chunk out of our week I didn't realize this until his actual birthday. Well I asked my mom if she would watch the twins so I could run to the store. i picked up what I needed and then came back to my parents. My mom helped me make Craig's cake/pie, and then Craig came over and we all went swimming. After swimming my family watched the boys and we went to the movies. We tried to get into "Transformers," but to no avail. So we chose to go to "Up" instead. Craig really enjoyed it though. We both love the Disney movies.



Then the next day we had Craig's birthday dinner. We cut up a watermelon and I served Craig some sushi that I got at the store. Then my mom and I made Spaghetti with meatballs, bread sticks and salad. We never have spaghetti because I'm not the biggest fan, so I thought it would be fun to have it on his birthday. Afterward we had the much awaited for desert. I made him a maple moose, ice cream pie with Oreo crust. Its a favorite in our family. And though Craig was convinced he would not like an ice cream type cake he ended up asking for seconds.



Even the boys got a little taste.




After Dinner and dessert the boys gave him a card telling him we can get his new camera.



As soon as we have the funds together.



Even though I was a day late, and almost forgot, I think Craig really enjoyed his special day. He deserves all of it and more. We love having him as a father and a husband. He's a wonderful man and I enjoyed this opportunity to try and show him just how special he is to all of us.



http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=111536&id=765058202&l=74e2aadf95

4 comments:

  1. happy b-day bro! i'm glad i wasn't the only belated birthday wisher. i think it counts that i thought of your upcoming birthday all last week, but missed the day because i'm a ditz. that new camera sounds SUPER fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!! i love Craigs smile in the picture where you're kissing him on the cheek~

    I'm glad you were able to pull together a great birthday! you sound like a super wife not a terrible one!! don't be so hard on yourself :)

    I really like the picture with craig & the 2 boys in the pool.. they don't even give a crap where they are or what they're doing, they look content no matter what lol

    well happy birthday! and, cake already for the boys?? wooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well shucks howdy everybody thanks for the posts
    -Craig

    ReplyDelete