Thursday, June 18, 2009

To My Boys




You and I are brothers
Always through and through
We came to Earth together
But just who followed who

Well, while we were in Heaven
We never were a part
We worked and played together
Two minds but just one heart

Of you I kept watch over
Kept you safe from harm
But then one day it happened
I was to leave you all alone

I turned to our dear Father
I begged to let me stay
I cannot leave my brother
And go so far away

“But my dear child
You have no need to fear
Just give it awhile
You’ll be brothers within years”

“No,” I cried
“I simply cannot go
Not without my brother
He simply needs me so”

Our Father smiled
Then he sat and thought
He turned to me and whispered
“Here is what I’ve got

“I was only planning to send one
But now there must be two
So in order for that to happen
Here is what you need do

“Share with your dear brother
Give him part of you
Share with him all you have
Split it all in two

“You’ll share with him forever
Your looks, your laughs, your smile
He’ll be a special part of you
Another Heavenly child

“And when you look upon his face
You will always know
That he is the dear brother
That you could not let go

He’ll hold that piece forever
Forever, that one part
Two minds to live together
But always just one heart”

4 comments:

  1. Did you write that Trish? So snuggly sweet and a special insight to your carbon copy boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Yeah I wrote it. I've been brainstorming it for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the repeating line about two minds and one heart and I LOVE the adorable picture. Lucky boys to have such a talented mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why Thanks! Writing is probably the only talent that I can say, with confidence, I have ;)

    ReplyDelete