Friday, July 2, 2010

June 28, 2010: The Great Salt Lake

I've lived 30 minutes from Salt Lake my whole life and I have never gone to The Great Salt Lake. Craig hadn't either. After visiting I can see why.



Even though I knew the experience would be on the gross side I mostly wanted to go to see how big it is. It's hard to imagine a lake that is that much bigger than Utah Lake.

It is big




. . .and shallow




This is how far we are from shore- above- and this is how deep it is- below.




. . .and has a lot of bugs,



These collected on our clothes while we waded out into the water.



dead things



and SALT!



It makes your skin sparkle and it collects in deposits all over the shore line.



Here we are floating. I was very nervous about getting in.




The salt made my hair all crunchy. Can you imagine how Craig feels?




We were very happy to get in the shower after this little trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment