Monday, July 19, 2010

The Stratton's Have Gone Cloth!

With the changes we've made around here some might think we've jumped on the green band wagon. Truth is we're just trying to save money by finding ways to cut back that work for our family.



I have a friend who has started cloth diapering and she made it sound so simple that I thought maybe I should give it a try. After all, I don't mind washing out poop. In fact most of my employment has led to some poop washing here and there. So we looked into it and we found that there are a lot of new ideas out there that make it surprisingly convenient. And I didn't find the transition hard at all. We had a few overstuffed diapers and one day of leaky disasters, but aside from that we've gotten along pretty well.

Aside from saving us money, don't those little cloth diapered bums look so cute?



Can you see his little muffin top?



Along with cloth diapering we bought a clothes line. And I was told by Dendra that clothes lines and cloth diapers go well together because the sun will keep down the stains. So far so good. The clothes line has worked well for us, and I love having extra help with the stains on some of the other articles of clothing we own.

2 comments:

  1. WOW brave! I too need a clothesline. I only had one cord strung by my old house, but it was plenty for me. Just right for drying towels and blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that the sunshine is doing it job for you. And I do like the muffin look!

    ReplyDelete