Friday, July 9, 2010

What Better Name for a Dog

We found this stuffed dog in a parking lot when I was pregnant with the boys, and my pregnant emotions persuaded me to take it home and wash it. Now it's become one of the toys that we are trying to turn into security objects for the boys. Both boys like the dog, but Big H had a bear that he liked to so I gave Little H the dog. But after this sweet little display how could I not let Big H have the dog.



As it turns out all toy- stuffed or plastic- animals are Ruby. But I still let him have the dog. Little H isn't really taking to security items, but Big H is. He hangs on to blankets, stuffed animals, etc. He likes to feel secure.

P.S. For those that don't know our little mini dachshund is named Ruby.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that was just too cute. My kids aren't that big on comfort objects either, with the exception of "mole." They both LOVE to fidgit with the mole on my chest and they fight over it. Argh. How I wish they would latch on to SOMETHING ELSE!

    ReplyDelete