Saturday, July 17, 2010

Warning: Yard Sale's May Lead to Overheated Pregnant Women

Sitting outside all day in 90 degree weather left this prego woman roasted. I was too exhausted to go get into the pool due to the fact that we stayed up until 2:00 AM baking cookies, so I changed into the only comfy pair of shorts I could find and a light t-shirt





and convinced my husband to take me to the shaved ice stand.




Little H liked to eat it with his fingers



This was Big H's doing.



We stopped at a church and sat on the grass to enjoy our refreshments. Unfortunately we sat under a pine tree. Luckily Ruby enjoyed chasing the pine cones that we didn't enjoy sitting on.



P.S. I highly recommend topping your shaved ice with some cream. YUM!

5 comments:

  1. I won't mention what the temp is down here - just the thought might have you melting. :) Oi! Summer is not the time to be pregnant. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Saddie. We are taking more showers just to cool off. I remember how hot a Summer pregnancy can be. Good treat choice! Wish I could have shared it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks so cute! Shaved is . . . I can't even put into words how wonderful shaved ice was when I was pregnant! A must for any pregnant woman in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for shaved ice. I have been eating ice cream, frozen yogurt, or smoothies every day this week and last, and I am not even pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grin on the 2nd photo down is to die for! i can't believe how big they are now.. just like little people
    I've never been given the option for cream, that's interesting~

    ReplyDelete