Friday, July 3, 2009

June 29 through July 3, 2009: A Week With Kaden



A few of you may be familiar with my parents situation. They've recently acquired a live in grandson. So to give them a little break I told them I'd watch him this week since I didn't have work. Our plan was to keep him as busy as possible, so that he wouldn't be crying half way through, "I want to go back to Grandma and Grandpa's."

I think we succeeded!



On Tuesday we took him for a hike up to Stewart Falls. It went Pretty well. He whined here and there about being tired, but he made it out alive.



We stopped at the falls for a picnic and Kaden had a blast running and playing in the water.



He loves taking pictures just as much as I do. He posed for this one all by himself. I'll have to remember to give him copies of all the pics we've taken so far.



Kaden has a new obsession with butterflies, so I showed him this caterpillar. Like everything else we saw he wanted to pick it up and take it home.



On the way home he zonked out in the back seat. It takes a lot to wear that kid out. I think Craig and I deserve a medal for successfully doing so.


On Wednesday morning Kaden asked if I would eat breakfast with him. I told him, "Maybe."

Then he replied "Will you sit and eat breakfast with me because remember yesterday how you forgot to eat breakdfast, so sit down and eat with me so you won't forget again."

I'd forgotten to eat breakfast before our hike on Tuesday, which proved to be a bit of a discomfort. So sweet little Kaden reminded me to take a few minutes for myself the next morning.

Well after a decent breakfast,and packing us all lunch, we headed to the pool. Craig had some passes to the Scera Pool left over from his old job which were very nice to have.












We all had a blast playing at the pool. Unfortunately Craig and I came home to find we were toasted. Craig forgot to put Sunscreen on some spors. And I, not thinking of how much exposure I'd be getting, only put some on my face and arms- in an attempt to even out my tan.


On Thursday we went to Trafalga. Thanks to the passes my brother-in-law sent us. Kaden had so much fun golfing, watching a movie in their 4D theater and. . .






riding the go carts.

Kaden is a sweet boy, and we enjoyed spending time with him. He's curious and friendly, and always a delight to have around- though, I won't lie, his constant chattiness can wear your nerves a little. It was so fun to watch him interact with the twins. It took him a while to warm up to them, but I think he's starting to enjoy them more and more.

Thanks for a great week Kaden! And thanks to those who sent us passes. You guys were lifesavers.

1 comment:

  1. What a busy fun week! You kids are great. Love the cereal smile. Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete