Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 20,2009: Adventures at Canyon Glen



On my day off I decided to head to a local park just up Provo Canyon. I thought my nephew would enjoy it and we could get some fun pics. Well we were greeted by ambulances, fire trucks and news teams. My nephew's dream come true. As we headed into the park we saw yet another fun little toy. The search and rescue chopper. I snapped some photos of my nephew but told him not to get too close. Well the pilots showed up and let him sit in the captains seat. We then got to watch it take off. Who knew what an event going to the park would be.







P.S. We later found out that a little girl fell into the river at Bridal Veil falls. She got swept down stream and they weren't able to pull her out for 30 minutes. She was life flighted to a local hospital. I just heard that she didn't make it.

2 comments:

  1. I heard about the little girl. I am so glad that your group had such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt bad because when I wrote this post I had heard that she was going to be OK. Then I woke up the next morning to hear that she had passed away. I tried to rewrite the post to be a little more respectful, but I didn't have enough time. So I was going to delete it and rewrite it later, but the internet started doing weird things. Oh well, right?

    ReplyDelete