Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 27 through 30, 2009: That's Just The Way It Is

I don't know how many times I've requested for things to just slow down, but they never do. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

Here's a summary of our week of parties, new toys and house shopping.

Big H continues to have teething woes. Giving him a damp cloth to chew on is the best solution I've come up with so far.



Big H just loves his Daddy! He's so happy when Daddy comes home.



You should have seen him at church on Sunday. It was the sweetest thing! Craig was teaching and Big H was trying so hard to get his attention. He'd talk a little and then he'd fling his arms about. Big H, not Craig. It was adorable!

Tuesday was one of our nephew's birthdays. He turned 5. He was so excited for his party!



Happy Birthday Big P!



Little H playing with a balloon.



Big H loved watching the boys play with those balloons. He was laughing his head off



I normally love any excuse to eat that delicious Costco cake, but I had to sit out this time. I had spent all night- or morning technically- battling the 24 flu. I honestly would rather go through labor, and have a c-section again, than deal with the 24 hour flu, or food poisoning I guess. I'm never quite sure what to call it. I just know it is my worst enemy.

Wednesday was totally up in the air. I was feeling better, and my mom had the day off, so we decided to get lunch and then, hopefully, end up in the pool. Well we ended up: babysitting for my SIL, eating lunch, running to stores looking for teething items, picking up my car and running to more stores looking for teething items. We never made it to the pool, but I got some fun new stuff for the boys, and some things for me.



The boys got this fancy new toy. I would have liked to get them one that has stuff they can kick too, but these things get expensive fast.



They must like it because I can't get them to look at me.



Now they're bored, so they'll look at me. I even get a smile!




We bought a booster seat to see how it would work out. This is Big H's way of telling me he needs a little more practice.



The boys got some new outfits because they were on sale for a very good price.



And finally, after searching and searching, I found a decently priced bed set, that matches my curtains.

Today the boys and I played with our new toys, and Craig and I found out that our housing search must indeed go on. *Sigh* The worst part was the guy we had to go through to get approved was not too kind with the rejection. I kind of chewed him out. I don't know if he'll keep the piece of my mind I tried to give him, but he'll at least have something to talk about at dinner ;)

You don't needlessly stress out a mom with twins. Just a fair warning ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment