Sunday, July 19, 2009

June 17 and 18, 2009: Steel Days and a Welcome Party



So my mom was very gracious, and gave Craig and I a date night. We all met in AF to go the the Steel Days Carnival. My mom took the boys and went to put our nephew on some of the kiddie rides while Craig and I rode the big rides worry free. Well kind of worry free. I always worry- "What if they're crying and they need to eat" or "Maybe we're taking too long and we should get back now." That's what comes with being a mom

I haven't been to this carnival since I was in 6th grade or so, and I was ready and willing to ride all those scary rides I didn't dare get on when I was little. My biggest feat would be riding "The Ring of Fire."

We started out with "The Orbiter." It was a very fun spinning ride. We then headed to another spinning ride, but we decided there wasn't enough screaming going on. So we headed to "The Zipper." It looked thrilling and fun, and there was plenty of screaming coming from this ride. Well I have to admit "The Zipper" did me in. It was a little too scary. So I chickened out of "The Ring of Fire" once again.

Even though I chickened out, and got sick- which is unusual for me. Apparently the only rides that make me sick are: "The Rocket," "The Zipper" and "The Swings." Yes I said "The Swings."- I enjoyed my date with my husband. It's crazy how we get to know each other all over again each time we go on a date.



I took this picture and he said, "That way it will look like I'm really tired huh?"



This Caterpillar ride was my favorite when I was little. I had to snap some shots when my nephew decided to ride it.



Well to finish off the weekend I got yet another baby free day- though I did get in trouble for it ;). Craig watched the boys while I went to a "Welcome Party" for my cousin's new baby girl. The party was so much fun, but all my relatives kept asking where the boys were. I guess that's what I get for having such cute babies ;)




Thanks to my mom and Craig for giving me a little break. I appreciate it so much!

2 comments:

  1. Sonds like you had a lot of fun. I'm tired of missing out on rides because of being pregnant! Glad you guys got to get away from the babies for a bit, even though they are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. Next summer we should hit lagoon and maybe some carnivals together. We can take turns watching kids while the adults go on the big rides ;)

    ReplyDelete